B1G Match 1: Gophers Host Wisconsin (9-25-24)

I really want them to win so that they can finally get the monkey off their backs, but they'll probably lose in four.

Man I want to see them come up big

They outscored Wisky by 14 overall and finally got over the 5th game hump. Gutted it out. Wisky plays 5 seniors that won't be there next year.

In my opinion, Team Chemistry has made a huge difference this year. It shows so obviously. Did you see how much fun Minnesota was having the entire match? Even when they lost a set they were very positive in their demeanors. On the other hand , Wisconsin …..,

The Gophers overcame the first set blips and unleased a rollicking good night.
We even have a little celebration time before the boilers roll into the Pav,

anyone know what’s going on with wucherer? azevedo is certainly playing better, from what i’ve seen, but still a bit surprising that she barely played in this match and only back row.

A big shout out to the VolleySquad - especially the two (sisters/twins??) who were wiping the floor all night. They hustled and were always ready. I loved it when the students clapped for them. Those two were the MVPs of the match!!

anyone know what’s going on with wucherer? azevedo is certainly playing better, from what i’ve seen, but still a bit surprising that she barely played in this match and only back row.
She has a problem with her back and is working to get better. She did not participate in any of the hitting drills during warm ups. In watching the post game team huddle, She did not bend much at all. Wishing the best for a quick recovery.

She has a problem with her back and is working to get better. She did not participate in any of the hitting drills during warm ups. In watching the post game team huddle, She did not bend much at all. Wishing the best for a quick recovery.
They will need Wucher back, she makes the squad deeper. Hope her back heels soon.

Felt like that Baylor game all over again, somewhat big lead in the fifth only for them to tie it up.

Massive win! Nice to start of the conference season with a win against a top opponent. I every sport, I really hate losing to Wisconsin.

Top Bottom