B1G Game 8: Gophers Visit Wisconsin (1-23-24)

This is the ugliest game of basketball I have seen in years. How have they won 14 games??

That wasn't even a three attempt there. Her toe was on the line.....sigh

Ugh, and you wanna go to the NCAA, you can’t lose to Wisconsin you just can’t.

Oof. I realize we're still just getting back on track but this is a tough pill to swallow.

Ugh, and you wanna go to the NCAA, you can’t lose to Wisconsin you just can’t.
Yeah...Heartbreaker....need to learn and move on. Heavy Feet and shooting woes on 4th game in 9 days and against tough opponents. Still got many chances to get some key victories to go dancing.

Gophers literally have no offense. Badgers actually run some good stuff.
This game will result in a NIT unfortunately. These are the games that keep the top recruits away from MN. Not trying to be all negative, but it’s the reality

They were today projected as an 8 seed in the tournament, so obviously they are better than what we saw tonight. Losing really hurts.

They are nowhere that bad. It's made worse by their best shooter Braun in a slump. If she makes her shots as usual they still beat them. If you watch prior games they're lighting it up with 3's, Hart the center is making her baskets, and strong on defense. In most games, that is.

They've had some off games and bad moments. They are super young. This was the worst by far. Iowa was another lower game at times. But they've then had hot games. It's where they are.

3 sophomores, 1 junior, and 1 freshman starting. Then a couple veterans on the bench but mostly freshmen.

Uffda. Disappointing loss. Low energy. Weak Defense. They let Wisconsin have too many open shots. Poor game plan on offense. Too much holding the ball and dribbling.

Williams was too much to handle along with our hideous shooting night, that was 4 hours I’ll never get back

Forced 18 turnovers and still lost the game. Fucking pathetic effort.

Sloane Martin does Lynx games n I put her on mute. She has such an exaggerated speech pattern. Shimmy was an assistant under Whalen n is OK.
Nice to see Shimmy talk about how improved the defense in this year versus last year. She means last year when she was a coach on the Minnesota team. I wonder how she got the sweet BIG10 gig.

Why do I think that anything is gonna be different from last year, still same players being consistently bad.

They were today projected as an 8 seed in the tournament, so obviously they are better than what we saw tonight. Losing really hurts.

They are nowhere that bad. It's made worse by their best shooter Braun in a slump. If she makes her shots as usual they still beat them. If you watch prior games they're lighting it up with 3's, Hart the center is making her baskets, and strong on defense. In most games, that is.

They've had some off games and bad moments. They are super young. This was the worst by far. Iowa was another lower game at times. But they've then had hot games. It's where they are.

3 sophomores, 1 junior, and 1 freshman starting. Then a couple veterans on the bench but mostly freshmen.
I get it but how long are we going to play the “young card” Wisconsin is just as young if not younger. This is a program dagger loss.

Sloane Martin does Lynx games n I put her on mute. She has such an exaggerated speech pattern. Shimmy was an assistant under Whalen n is OK.
I did turn it on mute towards the end. Sloane's voice is not easy on my ears.

Last edited:

This game will result in a NIT unfortunately. These are the games that keep the top recruits away from MN. Not trying to be all negative, but it’s the reality
A little over the top here, our star is in a slump or we win easy. Plitzuweit is recruiting well, we’ll be fine. That being said, this was a really painful night of BB

Post defense has been horrendous in conference play. I like Hart but athletic posts have been feasting On the Gophers, coaches are gonna have to find a way to defend in the post.

A little over the top here, our star is in a slump or we win easy. Plitzuweit is recruiting well, we’ll be fine. That being said, this was a really painful night of BB
Hope you’re right; but, time will tell.

Just a bad loss. Terrible night of shooting, that 1st quarter was a killer.

I can't agree more. They looked terrible. I want to be positive but they had 6 points a few minutes into the 2nd quarter.

Post defense has been horrendous in conference play. I like Hart but athletic posts have been feasting On the Gophers, coaches are gonna have to find a way to defend in the post.
Agree, Hart is fine offensively but slow and Johnson is a raw athlete and physically gifted but it will take time for her to develop. Williams owned us tonight

Disappointing loss. Sagged off on defense too much and gave Wisconsin way to many open looks and they converted. Poor shooting night, and tough night guarding in the post. These kind of losses can snowball if you let it. I hope they can get fresh legs and start passing and creating open looks for easier shots. Gophers are having to fight to much for open looks and having to work far to hard to set screens and get shots. Decision making has to speed up and the passing has to be more decisive. Needs to be more of a team game.

Nice to see Shimmy talk about how improved the defense in this year versus last year. She means last year when she was a coach on the Minnesota team. I wonder how she got the sweet BIG10 gig.
For some reason she hates Katlyn Clark. She was on radio at half and talked about the B1G like it was the SEC in football and that’s why people attend games. Gave no credit to Clark.

Uffda. Disappointing loss. Low energy. . . .
4th game in 10 days is tough for a team with 3 of the top 7 players in the league in minutes played per conference game. Coach P is riding the core group too long, IMO.

Braun leading the league in conference minutes is definitely not working for her. Might help others because Braun draws a top defender, but is hurting Braun. She needs to sit some and identify how she can get better looks.

For some reason she hates Katlyn Clark. She was on radio at half and talked about the B1G like it was the SEC in football and that’s why people attend games. Gave no credit to Clark.
Shimmy is no fan of Iowa and Clark. In making her pre-season Big Ten picks on air, Shimmy said she “barely had Iowa in her top 5.”

Also quite the contrast with Lindsay Whalen, who loves and gushes about Clark.

Hard to sugarcoat that about half the roster isn't fit for big ten play

Top Bottom