B1G Game 7: Gophers Host Maryland (1-14-21)

A loss is a loss, but some encouraging signs against a good Maryland team. Powell had a solid game and kept her turnovers down, back playing the point. Sconiers looks like she is getting better. Smith shows some potential. And who is that high school kid? Just teasing. Katie was terrific. Only 4 more years of her? This team is still missing enough inside presence to compete with most other BIG teams. Hoping that will eventually come from Sissoko and Sconiers. All that being said, I think they're getting better.

to me I feels like Smith is better at defense right now, she seems to pass up a good amount of shots she could take.. she has the speed to get to the rim and seems to has a nice little jumper I wish she would use it more..

Sissoko I think it will be better next season, kind of a learning season for her. 1st year in the big ten learning how physical it is. You can see the talent is there, just have to unlock it.

we have to learn how to play without post we don't look inside enough I don't think, we look once and it's covered so we don't try it again on that possession.

have to wonder if Katie should get some more minutes she seems to be a spark for us.. 8 points in 4 minutes, you can see she has that fiery type of game. she wasn't scared playing Maryland tonight.

like you said they are getting better..

Top Bottom