B1G Game 6: Gophers Host Penn State (1-10-21)

No, Corbu is not. He and Lynnette are at the game and it has been incredibly inconsistent officiating. Doesn't excuse that we're playing very poorly, however.

And, Tim Daley is one of those officials I cringe when I see him calling our games.
Sorry, but he is. I don't expect him to be "objective," whatever that would be, but the constant barrage of hyperbole -- phrases like "That's the worst charge you've ever seen or ever will see" -- is embarrassing, unprofessional and inaccurate (even more so in a game when the Gophers are losing badly to a team they should beat with ease).

Some quotes from Whalen:

“No real update on Sara, we got late word that she wouldn’t be able to go,” Whalen said. (ed. note: in the radio pre game Lindsay seemed to think Scalia was going to play)

“I thought Katie showed some real moxie to come in there and play the way she did,” Whalen said.

“They put a lot of different defenses on us, and we obviously struggled against it,” Whalen said. “The third quarter is killing us, we need to be a team that comes out of with some sort of semblance that we are ready to play.”

“It is how you come ready to work every day,” Whalen said. “There is no classes right now, we’re Division I athletes and it is how you come into practice every day to sustain that.” (ed. note: In the radio post game Lindsay said they had bad practices this week).

Sorry, but he is. I don't expect him to be "objective," whatever that would be, but the constant barrage of hyperbole -- phrases like "That's the worst charge you've ever seen or ever will see" -- is embarrassing, unprofessional and inaccurate (even more so in a game when the Gophers are losing badly to a team they should beat with ease).

Fans, coaches and the like - when a 50/50 call doesn't go their way, they want to blame the refs... I'm here to say 'get over it'.. The refs are not why we lost that game...
I wouldnt be surprised if Penn St coaches identified that Kadi turns right ever time and they worked on charges this week. It worked. I thought a couple could of been acting or even a no call, but again 50/50 call.
This team needs to find some consistency, and not having Scalia got us out of rotation and another scorer. I look at a kid like Sissoko, very raw, but huge upside, so every time she makes a mistake it becomes a teaching moment, so she can develop. We so want her to become our go-to person, she just isn't ready for that role, but if patient I believe she will move in that direction. Sconniers is a wild-card for this team as we develop. A lot of potential, just dosen't have the foot speed and strength right now to make an impact on the defensive end and just not strong enough to score on the block - but, if she is willing to work hard she could end up being a top player in the conf.
I'm a fan of Jazz, but the coaches need to work with her on defensive technique, probably never had to work hard on the defensive end in HS. The announcers rave that she leads the team in blocked shots,not sure that is a positive or a sign that she isn't moving her feet to get in a better defensive position.
So that leads us to 'go back to work', keep the morale high and get better.

Top Bottom