B1G Game 17 Gophers Host Iowa (2-28-24)

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
The Hawkeye “HOME AWAY FROM HOME” traveling medicine show brings its miracle elixir for women’s basketball to Dinkytown for one night and one night only.

It’s the caravan’s final trip to a skeptical region before setting up camp at the big show in Minneapolis.

Previous travels to the skeptical regions of Ohio, Illinois and Indiana featured naysayers armed with rotten tomatoes driving the Gold and Black troupe, wagons creaking, wares unbought, back to Iowa City.

One way or another, Wednesday night at the Barn will be memorable.

The Hawkeye “HOME AWAY FROM HOME” traveling medicine show brings its miracle elixir for women’s basketball to Dinkytown for one night and one night only.

It’s the caravan’s final trip to a skeptical region before setting up camp at the big show in Minneapolis.

Previous travels to the skeptical regions of Ohio, Illinois and Indiana featured naysayers armed with rotten tomatoes driving the Gold and Black troupe, wagons creaking, wares unbought, back to Iowa City.

One way or another, Wednesday night at the Barn will be memorable.
I fear that it may be a blowout, unless the Gophers play far better than they have recently. BTW, why in bleep are the men’s and women’s teams playing at the same time?

I fear Clark will out score the Gophers by herself. I hope I’m wrong but Gophers just cannot generate any offense.

Clark needs 51 to break Pete's record and their next game is senior night vs #2 OSU. Doubtful Gophers can hang around long enough for that to happen, expect she sits whole 4th with 30ish points

Gopher ticket office tells me doors will open 1 hour before game time, per usual policy. When is the last time Williams had a sell out (perhaps vs Wisconsin MBB 2/6/2019)?

Last edited:

Ajok Madol not on injury report for tonight. Will we see her tonight? Can she possibly get a medical redshirt waiver, despite appearing in 10 games?

Fantastic atmosphere @ the barn tonight. Saw CC shoot about 90% from 3 including the logo. Way too much black/gold here…..

Watching survivor instead has Iowa been on a power play all game or something?

MN should add up all $ difference in a sold out barn compared to others and offer that to CC for her to transfer to MN for 1 more college year...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Announcers said it, Gopher offense is stagnant, when they get a good play they can’t finish. I Don‘t wanna hear they are young, the so called super sophs are halfway thru their careers And have regressed. Yes missing 2 starters but they should be more competitive than what they are showing.

Who would win - this gophers team or Providence Academy?

Top Bottom