B1G Championship

GopherFanatic19

Reaction score
I love how coach Kill has been bringing in some great recruits and I think we will get some surprises here before all said and done. I think that this team is better than 6-6. I think we can finsihs 7-5 with next year 9-3 and then 11-1 season with a BCS bowl. Great things are coming.

I say we sweep trophy games this year. Smash badgers, blow away Michigan, and keep Floyd from the babies down south. I swear I hate those teams with a passion!!!

GOPHERS #1

I would say this is definitely a best-case scenario, with an extra year also before those also. I think Kill's a great coach and we're definitely taking steps in the right direction, but I think it's a pretty accepted belief that this year will be rough. We just don't have the talent or the right mix of playes to be successful with Kill right away, along with the transition that always comes with a new coaching staff. After that, if we can keep pulling in SOLID (not flashy) recruiting classes like this 2012 class is looking like, and the players progress quickly, I could see a 6-6 record in 2012 and 9-3 in 2013 possibly being in reach. However, for this season, I view it almost as a training run for Kill to get his feet wet. Nobody's expecting anything special this year and they shouldn't be.

I love how coach Kill has been bringing in some great recruits and I think we will get some surprises here before all said and done. I think that this team is better than 6-6. I think we can finsihs 7-5 with next year 9-3 and then 11-1 season with a BCS bowl. Great things are coming.

I say we sweep trophy games this year. Smash badgers, blow away Michigan, and keep Floyd from the babies down south. I swear I hate those teams with a passion!!!

GOPHERS #1

you freebasin' or smokin' glass?

11-1 in 2013, who on god's green earth will beat us that year?

Your right, after looking over the 2013 Schedule, I have decided no one is a worthy opponent and we will end up 13-0 with the BCS Championship. SKI-U-MAH GOPHERS #1

That schedule has a lot of people looking forward to 2013

I don't know when it is going to happen, but at some point the o-line is going to get really good. At that point a better faster defense will be on the field less and the Gophers will become a tough team to beat. Unfortunately, Gray will likely be gone by then. Kill will need to find good skill guys to go with his big line.

As an aside is there any chance Tommy Olson plays this year? I love his attitude from the highlight reels I've seen. I'm assuming he will redshirt. Did his bro play as a true frosh?

That schedule has a lot of people looking forward to 2013

People are looking forward to a year that we may have a QB taking his first meaningful game snaps? I'm looking forward to this year.

People are looking forward to a year that we may have a QB taking his first meaningful game snaps? I'm looking forward to this year.

Yeah hold off on 2013, the Gray era is going to be the most fun we've had in a long time. With Wisco clammering over their free agent signing at QB, I'm not sure they should be when compared to ours.

Your right, after looking over the 2013 Schedule, I have decided no one is a worthy opponent and we will end up 13-0 with the BCS Championship. SKI-U-MAH GOPHERS #1

Starting this year for BT teams, 14 wins is just about a necessity to win an NC, not 13. It would take quite a bit of help around the college football landscape for a team not to be in the BT Champioship game, yet be in the BCS Championship Game, and thus finishing the season with only 13 wins.

I would say this is definitely a best-case scenario, with an extra year also before those also. I think Kill's a great coach and we're definitely taking steps in the right direction, but I think it's a pretty accepted belief that this year will be rough. We just don't have the talent or the right mix of playes to be successful with Kill right away, along with the transition that always comes with a new coaching staff. After that, if we can keep pulling in SOLID (not flashy) recruiting classes like this 2012 class is looking like, and the players progress quickly, I could see a 6-6 record in 2012 and 9-3 in 2013 possibly being in reach. However, for this season, I view it almost as a training run for Kill to get his feet wet. Nobody's expecting anything special this year and they shouldn't be.

It's like this post was copy and pasted from 4 years ago when Brewster arrived......

Top Bottom