Michigan @ North Carolina
Maryland @ Virginia Tech
Northwestern @ Syracuse
Wisconsin @ Wake Forest
Penn State @ NC State
Indiana @ Georgia Tech
Illinois @ Boston College

Not Participating: Pitt

Good picks. The Big ten's home games in your predictions are favorable for a challenge victory.

Good picks. The Big ten's home games in your predictions are favorable for a challenge victory.

What I like is Miami is/was one of our more likely opponents. If it's true Miami is not taking part, it's pretty much down to Louisville, Duke, or Notre Dame for the Gophers.

Odd that they would be the team to not participate. Also odd that they would only play 11 OOC games. Based on the rest of their schedule it seems like they wanted a home game in back to back years, but didn't get one.

Odd that they would be the team to not participate. Also odd that they would only play 11 OOC games. Based on the rest of their schedule it seems like they wanted a home game in back to back years, but didn't get one.

If they are playing in the Challenge, it's really strange they wouldn't at least mention that in the release. That leads me to believe they're definitely out or playing on the road, which is what they're due for.

If they are playing in the Challenge, it's really strange they wouldn't at least mention that in the release. That leads me to believe they're definitely out or playing on the road, which is what they're due for.

Yeah, I agree, the whole thing is kind of bizarre at this point. Although, on a somewhat related note, I did see Umass release their official schedule and the game against the Gophers was still categorized as TBD. So who knows.

Edit* In the tweet it said TBD, but in the actual article it did state they were playing us on the 24th.

What I like is Miami is/was one of our more likely opponents. If it's true Miami is not taking part, it's pretty much down to Louisville, Duke, or Notre Dame for the Gophers.

Good point. I think it's going to come down to if whoever is picking the games thinks Duke/Purdue or Duke/Gophers will be the more competitive match up. They would obviously want to do MSU/Duke, but can't because of the NIke tournament (as you've noted) and they played last year,

Whats interesting is Louisville played Purdue last year and if MSU/Duke can't play each other, I think that really pushes us to play Louisville. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see Duke vs NW at United Center.

We will host Duke. I have it on good authority. My sources are close to the program; I cannot divulge further lest I get someone in trouble. :clap: Enjoy, everyone!

-keep the chili hot

We will host Duke. I have it on good authority. My sources are close to the program; I cannot divulge further lest I get someone in trouble. :clap: Enjoy, everyone!

Yeah, great call.

You're now right up there with the guy who was sure Reid Travis was committing here, and the marquette dude who insisted Mbakwe wouldn't be eligible.

Top Bottom