B10 schedule for new coach

Rog

Reaction score
May have been reported before but I just looked at the Gophers B10 achedule for the next 2 years.

We do not play Illinois, Indiana and Penn State both years..

Means 3 things:

WE have one of the toughest B10 schedule as anyone and we better win the "Bell" Saturday because it will be 3 years (more likely) before we play Penn State again.

AND

the new coach could be walking into a hornets nest.

Don't forget that Michigan will be back on the schedule and they aren't exactly a conference power. I would prefer to have MI rather than PSU on the schedule. This may be a single down year for PSU due to a true freshman at QB.

I have no interest in a coach who would be scared of a schedule.

Quite frankly I'm not yet sold on Nebraska being all the way back. I think they are improving but I'm not sure if they are much ahead of WI and Iowa currently. Tough, yes, Nebraska of old, I don't think so.

A - (motherf##king) -men to that, brother!!

For all of Brewster's faults, I am still proud as hell of him for beefing up the schedule as much as he could. I would always prefer to play the best. Always.

We do play Illinois. And, on the flip side, MSU's defense will be worse next year. Michigan may be transitioning from wonky Rich Rod offense to more normalcy, which will be a rough time. Bucky will be starting a new QB. Nebraska will have to replace 5 senior starters on defense, and 3 senior starters on the o-line. Things aren't THAT bleak.

We play Illinois the next two years. We don't play PSU, OSU, and Indiana. We could miss out on PSU or OSU for four years.

Michigan won't be tough? Have you seen Denard Robinson and what running QBs have done to us for a long time?

Whoever the new coach is better have this team at 3-1 or better heading into Big Ten play. If by some miracle, it's Harbaugh, I'd expect him to stick it to USC one last time and be 4-0, heading to Ann Arbor for the Big Ten opener. Wouldn't that story get some attention?

Have you seen the MI defense? Have you seen DR try to throw a pass? He is extremely difficult to contain on the ground, but if this defense can improve and force a team like that to have to throw the ball they aren't so tough. Plus if RichRod is out, I bet they will be going back to a more traditional offense in terms of MI football. That could be a real problem for Denard.

Whoever the new coach is better have this team at 3-1 or better heading into Big Ten play. If by some miracle, it's Harbaugh, I'd expect him to stick it to USC one last time and be 4-0, heading to Ann Arbor for the Big Ten opener. Wouldn't that story get some attention?

So your premise is that there is talent here and it isn't being properly coached? I agree with this premise but to put a record expectation on a first year coach shows a little impatience to me.

So your premise is that there is talent here and it isn't being properly coached? I agree with this premise but to put a record expectation on a first year coach shows a little impatience to me.
I expect whoever the coach is to be able to beat New Mexico State, Miami of Ohio and NDSU at home. I'd expect that if Brewster was still here. That's not out of line.

He has been mentioned several times somewhere amongst the 300 coaching threads currently circulating around this forum.

I figured so, thats why i didn't want to start another thread.

Have you seen DR try to throw a pass?

This is mainly why I want Gray to play. He can't possibly be any worse than DR throwing the football. Dude should have about 20 TD passes but can't hit a guy wide open 10 yards behind the defense repeatedly. Makes Adam Weber look like Peyton Manning in terms of throwing accuracy, but yet the Michigan offense is still quite potent because of his running ability. All Weber jokes aside he has looked more accurate than Gray, I'd be willing to give up some accuracy for the upside in the running game - which we need to bolster anyway.

Anyone afraid of the new divisions should be forced to type this on a virtual chalkboard 500 times before logging off.

Shhhhhhhhhh... don't let GG hear this.

Ha, I'll post it again in all caps if I need to, but I have the feeling that loss to mediocre Texas team took some of the wind out of his sails.

This is mainly why I want Gray to play. He can't possibly be any worse than DR throwing the football. Dude should have about 20 TD passes but can't hit a guy wide open 10 yards behind the defense repeatedly. Makes Adam Weber look like Peyton Manning in terms of throwing accuracy, but yet the Michigan offense is still quite potent because of his running ability. All Weber jokes aside he has looked more accurate than Gray, I'd be willing to give up some accuracy for the upside in the running game - which we need to bolster anyway.

Exactly! I loved the Rickey Foggie days when he would just tuck the ball and run for 20 yards on 3rd and 5!

Ha, I'll post it again in all caps if I need to, but I have the feeling that loss to mediocre Texas team took some of the wind out of his sails.

I agree they are not back yet to their old levels as would most Husker fans. Are they going in the right direction definitely. I don't know if any team will dominate at the level that they did in the '90s. Do I think they will be a serious contender for a national title in the next few years, definitely. Are they significantly ahead of the gophers at this point in overall talent, yes.

We play Illinois the next two years. We don't play PSU, OSU, and Indiana. We could miss out on PSU or OSU for four years.

THIS. Ohio State has been the only near unbeatable team in the Big Ten for several years. I would rather miss on OSU and PSU than any other Big Ten teams despite PSU's struggles this year. Nebraska isn't half what Ohio State is and has been.

THIS. Ohio State has been the only near unbeatable team in the Big Ten for several years. I would rather miss on OSU and PSU than any other Big Ten teams despite PSU's struggles this year. Nebraska isn't half what Ohio State is and has been.

In that case, do you still want to make take that bet I proposed to you awhile back?

Top Bottom