Ayinde

gophers141

Reaction score
The kid needs to be put on the bench for good. He was a nice walk on story last year with all of our injuries but he isn't a Big Ten player.

Mcgee, Travis and Winfield can rotate from now on. Ayinde brings our defense down a level every play he is on the field for.

It looked like he wasn't even trying on that 80 yard TD that got Penn St right back in the game. He should have been benched after that.

Like I posted in another meltdown thread,

Hes a complete liability, but the coaches keep forcing him on us. He's given up big plays going back to last year (Iowa game) and is bad in coverage and worse tackler.

McGhee and Winfield play better, but they sit them for Ayinde.

i dont get why he plays man i feel bad because of his story but the dude doesnt tackle good and that's kind of important in this game especially on the defensive side of the ball

I wonder what Jacob Huff or a reinstated Dior Johnson would look like if they were given Ayinde's snaps. I don't know if only a 3 man rotation of Winfield, Travis and Mcgee would work but Ayinde IMO should definitely be the #4 guy in that rotation. Mcgee is a stud in run support while not being a liability in coverage and Winfield had tight coverage in several instances and also had a few nice tackles.

What is Ace Rogers status?

i dont get why he plays man i feel bad because of his story but the dude doesnt tackle good and that's kind of important in this game especially on the defensive side of the ball

And you don't use words good[emoji6]- but I agree with your statement otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you don't use words good[emoji6]- but I agree with your statement otherwise

look deeper at the content and meaning - you can understand me i trust you're an educated enough individual especially if you went to the u

I don't mind if someone is bad at something but they're just thrust into the game because of injury, but if you watched those two terrible plays by him, he didn't even try. The long TD pass, he just kind of froze like a deer in headlights. Then whiffed, he wasn't even close at trying for the ball.

I'll be back tomorrow with more detailed analysis, but Ayinde played the worst game by a safety I have seen in a long time.

Completely blew the coverage on the 80-yard TD, missed the tackle after bad coverage, blew the the coverage on the long TD to the TE (we were in zone), and missed tackle on the game-winning Barkley TD.

Absolutely abysmal game from him.

I don't want to pile on, but on that horrible 3rd down that PS converted when their QB was moving backward when he threw, had nothing on the ball (a real floater that should have been intercepted) Ayinde can be seen running away from where the pass is heading, and at the last minute changes direction toward the intended receiver and is WAY late to make a play. It was a pathetic play on the ball...

The kid needs to be put on the bench for good. He was a nice walk on story last year with all of our injuries but he isn't a Big Ten player.

Mcgee, Travis and Winfield can rotate from now on. Ayinde brings our defense down a level every play he is on the field for.

Except McGee was on the sideline injured and Winfield is a corner. Not many options so you are forced to play the hand you are dealt.

Also, Why does Travis get a free pass? There is more to being a safety than run support? On many of the big plays by PSU I thought where is the safety help? Travis should share some of the blame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Except McGee was on the sideline injured and <b>Winfield is a corner. </b>Not many options so you are forced to play the hand you are dealt.

Pssst... AWj11 is playing Safety.

Pssst... AWj11 is playing Safety.

Psst, that's incorrect. He was mostly the nickel corner in sets with Ayinde/Travis at safety and Shenault/Myrick at corner.

He may have played some deep zone on certain plays, but it was mostly man-to-man at the corner spot.

Psst, that's incorrect. He was mostly the nickel corner in sets with Ayinde/Travis at safety and Shenault/Myrick at corner.

He may have played some deep zone on certain plays, but it was mostly man-to-man at the corner spot.

So tell me, when Ayinde was sitting, who was the 2nd Safety? I believe this thread is about how Ayinde should not have come back in the game and the post I quoted stated it couldn't be Winfield because he is a corner.

What is the current depth chart in the secondary? Is Eric Amoako getting any playing time?

McGhee was getting safety reps for two series I believe.

That floater off back foot should've been picked

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

McGhee was getting safety reps for two series I believe.

Sure. So tell me - do you think AWj11 is a CB or S on our team. I suspect you know the answer and are arguing just to argue at this point.

I just finished watching the game. That missed tackle on the first touchdown was such a disaster.

I tried to analyze the replay of the game on YouTube in order to link to specific plays where Ayinde was completely useless and made massive, massive mistakes... But the camera work and instant replays chosen by BTN all focused almost exclusively on McSorley. As an aside the BTN broadcast yesterday was almost as bad as Ayinde - ESPN does a 10x better job in all aspects.

If I have time I'll swing back tomorrow with some links, but I was at the game sitting at the 30-yard line and it was evident that Ayinde was to blame for at least 4-5 big plays. Worst game by a safety I have ever seen, and that's not hyperbole.

Sometimes it's really tough to figure why we play certain guys despite all the accumulated evidence. Stubborness, favorites, no better options? Craig James at PR last season is a good example. He was so mind-****ed by all the miss-steps and drops by the time of his injury I've got to believe on some level he was relieved he wouldn't have to back out there and let the team down again.

Just don't boo him when he gets on the field this Saturday.

McGee and Winfield were rotating and playing great. McGee got hurt and they started rotating Ayinde and Winfield. Ayinde makes the terrible play that turned game momentum completely; at that point we should have said to Winfield, "Suck it up, frosh- it's you till the final whistle." But we kept rotating Ayinde in, and he whiffs again in OT. I prefer a tired Winfield to a fresh Ayinde. Sawvel has seen the kid enough to know he shouldn't be out there, no matter what the injury scenario.

Top Bottom