Axe Week! That means ONE THING! Detlef wants his stein back!

Reaction score
Once again it has come to this. I, Detlef Erlichmann, proprietor of the storied Essen Haus in Madison, Wisconsin do so ardently request the return of my family's treasured 5 liter stein. For those of you new to the internet here is a synposis of my long-standing demands placed upon the dwindling fanbase of the University of Minnesota football team: (2010)http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...in.-That-means-NO-GOPHER-VICTORY-THIS-WEEKEND! and (2009)http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...-Stein-or-continue-to-suffer-the-consequences .

For those of you who need to know, yes, my beloved grandmother, a known witch in Bavaria, is still alive. The cursed spell still casts a black cloud over that corporate lean-to you call a stadium. This spell claimed another victim last October in the name of "Tremendous" Timmy Brewster. I actually tried to talk my grandmother into absolving Basement Brew but hell hath no fury like a scorned witch and she reminded me in no uncertain terms that her spell controls anyone who dareth clap in unsion with your "Rouser" on Saturday fall afternoons. My grandmother's temper, like Brewster's chili, is hot.

I don't know why I subject myself to this annual plea. It gets me nowhere. We at the Essen Haus have a pretty good description of the perp who absconded our 5 liter stein. What worries me is that you, the Gopher fanbase, don't care either. If you, the fans who frequent this site, don't care to return the football program to mediocrity then I'm afraid said perp does not care enough to give back our 5 liter heirloom stein. Maybe I'm starting to take the success of my Wisconsin Badger football team for granted and have eliminated any memory of the Don Morton era from the recesses of my mind and assume college football in the fall is way of life. Yes, your team is awful now but how can you people not find enjoyment in the little things that make college football special? You might not win the game but at least try to win the party. A plug here for the hospitality business but visit your local watering holes and watch some real teams play on TV before a home game. Better yet, get creative and tailgate. The traditional tailgate, I've been told by one of my regulars, has now replaced the neighborhood front porch as the last slice of Americana where people can congregate.

Seems that a much needed step has taken place in the hire of your new leader, a man of Germanic heritage with the righteous surname of Kill. This Coach Kill, unkowingly, has already fallen prey to my grandmother's curse in the form of epileptic fits in front of many of you on the afternoon of September, 10 and in the subsequent days. This Coach Kill will soon learn the further power of my grandmother's curse as the powerful Machine of Red will undoubtedly steamroll your youthful Gophers for the 8th straight year. He too will walk away in envy of the mighty Badgers and attempt to build his program in the model that is Wisconsin football.

If you want my unfettered opinion YOU people want to be just like ME. You want to cheer for a winner. You want your university's football team in the national spotlight. You want to watch your team on national television in the primetime. You want ESPN GameDay to be in your backyard. You want all the top recruits in your state to stay home. You want to smile a provencial smile while you watch lineman hailing from within your borders open another gaping hole for the running back to run through. Your want your campus to be a destination for any college football fan. You want to stand 4 deep at the bar trying to order a $6 can of Miller Lite 4 hours before kickoff! Why? Because every other bar around is even busier . You want your most-hated rivals coach to look upon your program with envy and try to copy what you are doing. You want a wooden Axe in your trophy case! You (minnesota) want to be Me (WISCONSIN) ! I'm just being real. Raw, maybe? Real Raw!

Well, if you ever want a smidgen of the success that is the University of Wisconsin football program you people need to give a damn! Giving a damn means going to games. Games in the humidity of late August. Games in the blustery chill of October. Games with a sheet of ice covering the parking lots in late November. Games against teams from the Football Championship Subdivision. Games against teams with an ordinal direction in their name. Step one - just GO! And be loud!

In closing, you people better start giving a damn! Giving a damn means giving my family back our beloved 5 liter stein! Then and only then can the University of Minnesota football program climb out of its despair.

Yours Truly,

Detlef Erlichmann

P.S. Be sure and keep the Essen Haus in mind for all your pre and post-game activities when you visit in 2012.

please oh please give back the damn stein already!! enough is enough. the pain of losing is enough. this damn witch put a real spell on our coach against new mexico state and we all saw how harmful her spell can be.

give back the damn stein so we can win again!

In exchange for a slab of bacon. It should be held by the team that last won it when it was in play.

Other than that, I would love to take a dump in that stein before it heads back.

Keep the stein, until they are able to win a national championship or gain the lead in head to head battles I see no reason to give in....

I LOVE the "Be sure and keep the Essen Haus in mind for all your pre and post-game activities when you visit in 2012"

Only thing missing was the happy hour times & specials.....

Keep the stein, until they are able to win a national championship or gain the lead in head to head battles I see no reason to give in....

Well put. Spell or no spell, it's not worth returning some stupid cup until UW's program equals ours and this includes at least half of our nat'l titles.

Isn't this a bit? Who cares about some idiotic cup.

Isn't this a bit? Who cares about some idiotic cup.

just a bit? 8 years of spells = 8 years of getting our ass handed to us by this program. We are on our 4th HC since the spell has been cast. do we not care about winning? just return the damn stein so we can get on equal playing grounds with UW.

for crying out loud, RETURN THE DAMN STEIN!!!!!!!!!!

If we win, on my way home for thanksgiving break I'll find a way to stop and piss on your restaurant or store, whatever it is.

Nah, I say keep it. Kill has the fortitude to fight this off lol

Break the curse by breaking the object. Make a pinata out of it.

It's now just one of the many receptacles that Wren uses to store his urine in. You won't be getting it back.

Studwell55 what are your list of demands? I suggest that the couple in the butt fondeling Camp Randall video be permanately banned from TCF bank Stadium and the State of Minnesota as a start and that Detlef and all Badger fans be forced to watch that video on a never ending loop to atone for his Granny's curse. I think Kuato is correct Wren turned the stein into a Reusse honorary "Porta Potty" and a reverse curse. This means Wisconsin will never win a National Championship in football until the Slab of Bacon is put back in play.

At this point, it's a matter of principle. I'd like to see the stein displayed in the trophy case next to the axe, the pig, the jug, and Patti LaBelle or whatever we play Penn State for. I'm not a homer, and I know we don't play the Nittany Lions for a couple of years, so I'll suggest that this arrangement wont take place until year three of the Kill era.

We have the stein and the pig. Might as well get the axe now.

mnbrabunyan.jpg
Clean all the sconnie residue off of my axe before returning it.

New user to the Gopherhole...this post is hilarious!!! Keep ripping on the Gopher program and I'm sure you'll get that stein back soon LMFAO. Tell your grandma to shove it up her a$$. How'd that Michigan State hail mary feel?

http://www.kabalarians.com/male/beer.htm

I thought this was appropriate. It is a web site you enter your name, and it analyzes your name to tell you your personality. Here is the analysis of the name "beer":

Beer as a first name gives you a very independent nature, yet you are friendly, approachable, and generous.

You can be a spontaneous, expressive, and talkative person.

Generally you are good-natured, though at times you can be rather blunt and sarcastic.

This name incorporates creative, artistic, and musical abilities, and there would be an element of originality in all that you do.

You like to do things on the spur of the moment without planning or prior arrangements.

Your spirits are buoyed up greatly by encouragement and appreciation.

Though the name Beer creates the urge to be creative and original, we stress through a scattered and emotional nature, you suffer frustration.

This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the liver, bloodstream, and in tension or accidents to the head.

Detlef, you know the terms. The Slab for the stein. Or the Slab to the College Football Hall of Fame. Either outcome is acceptable.

Where is Gutter Helmet when you need him?

I say we organize a little witch hunting party in Bavaria. Do you know what we Americans do to witches, Detlef? Look up Salem, MA.

You won't get the stein back until we get the slab back. Call off the curse before this gets ugly...

Not surprising a Wisconsin fan would actually think a beer mug would have any impact on how the Badgers have been kicking the Gophers' teeth in over the past eight years. I realize that beer mugs rate more important than anything else (except the Packers, of course) over in cheese-brain land, but after having read this sad tale of the all-mighty beer cup from the resident German Wisco looney every year, it only serves to remind me why leaving that wasteland was the best thing I ever did.

I love that the official UMAA tailgate is at the Essen Haus this year.

Essen Haus?

I want to go to there!

I have it on good authority that Detlef stole something else this week.

Bump

Think we will hear from old Detlef this year?

I took it and pumped six .22 shots in it. Amazing how far and lethal cracked crockery goes when shattered in a million pieces.

I think we hire ChinaGopher to bring some muscle in and resolve this.

Top Bottom