Awesome Bateman feature from The Ringer

Bateman is a guy who I’d just love to grab a beer at an airport bar while waiting for a flight. He’s seen a lot in his short time thus far on the planet and he has to have some of the best perspective on life.

Sticking with his original commitment demonstrates a rare quality. He gave his word and did not waiver.

This plus his drive and obvious work ethic should work well for him in the pros.

I'll be watching my first draft Thursday night. Must see TV...

Two paths crossed for a win-win situation. Kudos to Coach Ashley Anders fro contacting Mo Linguist.

The stars were aligned. He was meant to be here, a perfect place for him to mature and develop.

These are the type of players who thrive in PJ Fleck's system - talented players who learned through their struggles, who have burning desire to succeed, and who have high character.

Last edited:

I'm seeing him being selected by the Bears in several mock drafts. As a diehard Gophers and Packers fan living in Chicago, that will not stand with me. But I do hope he goes R1 because he's a terrific young man who has and will continue to represent the U of M well.

At least he'll know how to play in the cold if he ends up a Bear or a Packer...

I think I read somewhere he has taken to the northern climate pretty well.

Here is another good breakdown of Bateman from a guy who thinks he will be a consistent top 10 receiver in the NFL :

Awesome stuff. Great article and well written. Didn't know that it was the HS head coach who contacted the d-backs coach that got Bateman on the radar initially. I'm sure that Fleck has thanked him profusely.

Also really dug that youtube draft analysis. Really does an excellent job of breaking down all the reasons why us Gopher fans know that he's easily a first round talent.

Top Bottom