Away Game Tickets

gophmeister

Reaction score
Just thought I'd bring this up, since I'm planning on going to USC and maybe Northwestern. I emailed the ticket office about when their allotments go on sale. The response was season ticket holders will get an email at the end of May/beginning of June letting them know the prices, etc. Tickets and a hotel are all I need to figure out for LA.

Thanks for posting this Meister. We just bought our flight to LA last night and was about to contact them regarding the tickets. Saved me the trouble.

I am stoked for this trip! :D

Thanks for posting this Meister. We just bought our flight to LA last night and was about to contact them regarding the tickets. Saved me the trouble.

I am stoked for this trip! :D

Any suggestions on airfares? I have been checking Sun Country on a Monday to Monday trip and am seeing about $335/person roundtrip.

Any suggestions on airfares? I have been checking Sun Country on a Monday to Monday trip and am seeing about $335/person roundtrip.

If you want to save some money, I would buy tickets for the Northwestern game from stubhub.

I typically check kayak or orbitz and then go to the actual airline's website to buy. You may want to try Ontatio (ONT), Burbank (BUR) or John Wayne (SNA) in your search over LAX.

I'm planning to go down to Evanston with a couple of friends this year. I've never bought out of town tickets before, my dad shares season tickets with a friend of his, would I be able to buy tickets for my friends through their share of the allotment?

Also, I assume there will be some kind of big MN tailgate going on, am I wrong?

I am traveling from the East Coast to the game so I am not sure about flights from the Twin Cities area.

To find my tickets, I set up some price alerts a few months ago on Kayak and Airfarewatchdog for the trip so I get notified whenever there was a low price or sale. It sent a good sale price and I jumped on it (the price tracking info on kayak was helpful in seeing how the deal was over time). I actually bought two one-ways with different airlines instead of a roundtrip, sometimes that saves money.

Also, Sun Country usually has good one-day sales a few times a year that they send out email notifications about if you sign up for their email list. That's how I got a good deal on some tickets to the Gophers at Cal game while still in MN a few years back.

Good luck!

I typically check kayak or orbitz and then go to the actual airline's website to buy. You may want to try Ontatio (ONT), Burbank (BUR) or John Wayne (SNA) in your search over LAX.

we are actually flying in and out of San Diego as we have a beach house for the week...should be a great time.

we are actually flying in and out of San Diego as we have a beach house for the week...should be a great time.

Then my advice is use priceline to bid on a rental car. You'll save. I learned that lesson too late.

johnnybb- Whoever has season tickets should be able to get up to 4 tickets each I think. Also it is Northwestern they aren't even close to sell outs so you could probably get them online pretty cheap or scalp one that day. They usually have the goaline club at away games sign up early and it's like $10 or $15 for all you can eat/drink.

Airline tickets...ouch

We're thinking about USC, but now with the escalating airline fuel costs fares are murder. Plan B would be Northwestern because the drive is pretty decent. There was a great article off of UPI about 3 weeks ago taken from one of the Washington newspapers about the previous administration looking the other way in regards to speculation,hording, buying additional reserve oil,etc.pretty much giving the oil industry a free reign. Oh well, it is what it is. Amazing how much the price of gasoline affects our everyday lives.

My wife used Expedia and found a good deal on a flight, hotel and rental car package for Friday-Monday. We will be staying in Anaheim and catch a couple of Twins' games. Hoping the Goaline Club has a tailgate going for USC.

Top Bottom