Availability of Walk On's playing this year?

Golden Yooper

Reaction score
Anyone hear of any new players practicing with the team? I assume we need bodies to practice and any chance of a new walk on player getting some role playing minutes this season? Can a new player be added to the roster at this point in the season?

I don't know the answers to your questions but I know this much. "Depth" of basketball rosters is highly overrated. College teams do not need to play 10 or more players in any game. Martin's loss will not hurt the Gophers' success this year.

I don't know the answers to your questions but I know this much. "Depth" of basketball rosters is highly overrated. College teams do not need to play 10 or more players in any game. Martin's loss will not hurt the Gophers' success this year.

Yep, Thad Matta at Ohio State routinely only plays 8 players(sometimes less) maybe a ninth in many big games.

Only concern is injuries. If we suffer a loss at one of the big positions, I think we could survive it, but if one of Morris/Mason/Hollins/Mathieu misses significant time, we are in trouble

Top Bottom