Availability of Season Tickets

Oregon Gopher

Guardian of the Western Front
Reaction score
My son is doing a residency at the U so I was looking into season tix for this coming year. I was shocked at the lack of options when I was looking through the website where they listed only 12 pairs of seats. Is there a different site that lists all the options? Gotta believe there’s a lot more pairs available!

My son is doing a residency at the U so I was looking into season tix for this coming year. I was shocked at the lack of options when I was looking through the website where they listed only 12 pairs of seats. Is there a different site that lists all the options? Gotta believe there’s a lot more pairs available!
Time to expand the stadium!

Has the receiving process ended for existing seatholders?

If it hasn’t ended that usually holds up a lot of seats. After that I suspect you might see more.

I took a look at Gophersports.com and it looks to me like every option for student season tickets is already sold out. I would check with the ticket office to see if there is a waiting list, or if there are any other options. This is the first time that I can remember the student section selling out in the new stadium. Hopefully this is a good sign.

congrats to your son. did my residency there as well. As others have said, still too early for new season tix.

Agree with everything said above concerning how the process works. The only thing that I would add is that, if you are committed to getting season tickets, pulling the trigger now gets you on the list for upgrades ahead of anybody who signs on later. You'll get whatever seats you select now and then, once the returning ticket holders go through the upgrade process, you should have a chance to "upgrade" if something you prefer opens up.

Yes, sign up now and worry about seat selection after the renewals are done.

My season tickets are opening up. I moved to Florida and I'm only going to be able to make it to a couple games this season.

Im optimistic we have turned a corner here and will start regularly filling the stadium. That said, anyone know when they announce the kickoff times to the first couple games? I know the opener will be an evening game but curious about the colorado and western Illinois.

Im optimistic we have turned a corner here and will start regularly filling the stadium. That said, anyone know when they announce the kickoff times to the first couple games? I know the opener will be an evening game but curious about the colorado and western Illinois.
Game times are often not announced until a couple weeks before the game.

Thanks. I thought (hoped) that more so applied to BIG portion of schedule. Makes sense. I’m eager to plan tailgate/pregame and driving logistics

It’s a good idea to practice.

Start drinking and grilling now.
Also, take a football into a crowded parking lot and send a buddy deep (about twice as deep as you can actually throw), give it a good chuck and then act surprised when it goes off target and hits someone or something else.

While it's true that game times are often not set until a week or two in advance, that is allowable under the terms of network contracts with the conferences and happens because they want to be able to put the "best match ups" on in desirable windows on desirable channels. By mid-season, their ideas on which teams meet their criteria may have changed from the start of the season, so they want to keep their options open. For the first few weeks of the season, that isn't really an issue and whatever they think of the slate of games now isn't likely to change much, so we will likely get game times months in advance. As an example, last year the game times for the game at CU and the home games against Miami and Bowling Green were announced May 27. That would give you three months to plan.

I took a look at Gophersports.com and it looks to me like every option for student season tickets is already sold out. I would check with the ticket office to see if there is a waiting list, or if there are any other options. This is the first time that I can remember the student section selling out in the new stadium. Hopefully this is a good sign.
Don’t think that’s accurate for next season. Haven’t seen any emails about student tickets being out, in the past they’ve been released in the May/June timeframe.

Don’t think that’s accurate for next season. Haven’t seen any emails about student tickets being out, in the past they’ve been released in the May/June timeframe.
Agree. The website lists the student tickets as sold out, but that's for 2021-22, not 2022-23.

Also, take a football into a crowded parking lot and send a buddy deep (about twice as deep as you can actually throw), give it a good chuck and then act surprised when it goes off target and hits someone or something else.
I’ll work on my high five form. Both giving and receiving!

A couple years ago the game time changed the day before the game. I was on my phone to a friend talking about watching it and he said he already was.

A couple years ago the game time changed the day before the game. I was on my phone to a friend talking about watching it and he said he already was.
For a Gopher home football game? I don't ever recall that happening, unless it was a real minor adjustment.

Could have been this game in 2020. I know it was an afternoon game. Sorry I am down the rabbit hole now. But it taught me to keep checking game time.
at Illinois Fighting IlliniMemorial Stadium, Champaign, IL3:30pm ETBTN
I guess 2020 I could see it happening as there were no/few fans in the stadiums and TV schedules were changing rapidly due to postponements.

Top Bottom