AutmanBell update

PJ is usually very tight lipped about injuries so I do not think he plays.

I think he plays, I think its a "practice and warm up for the game, decide after warm-ups based on how CAB says he feels".

I'll admit I was wrong. I really thought he would be beyond day to day by now -- appears likes he was really still week to week

I'll admit I was wrong. I really thought he would be beyond day to day by now -- appears likes he was really still week to week
I mean he could be beyond day to day ... no need to say otherwise.

Could be practicing normally every day... you can still call it day to day ;)

I feel like life is day to day.

I mean he could be beyond day to day ... no need to say otherwise.

Could be practicing normally every day... you can still call it day to day ;)

I feel like life is day to day.
I could see Fleck going down this line of logic. Reporter asks about an injury -- he's day to day, heck we're all day to day, just putting our oar in when we wake up, gROWing academically, athletically, socially, spiritually each day.

But to the point about being beyond day to day -- Fleck had stated he was week to week before tOSU and then upgraded him in the lead up to gameday saying he was then day to day.

I could see Fleck going down this line of logic. Reporter asks about an injury -- he's day to day, heck we're all day to day, just putting our oar in when we wake up, gROWing academically, athletically, socially, spiritually each day.

But to the point about being beyond day to day -- Fleck had stated he was week to week before tOSU and then upgraded him in the lead up to gameday saying he was then day to day.
Yeah he has been pretty consistent as far as what PJ says.

I just don't sweat it either way. Nobody gives a lot of detail if they're not out for the year and even if they are ... maybe not. I don't expect PJ to do more than everyone else in that area.

Yeah he has been pretty consistent as far as what PJ says.

I just don't sweat it either way. Nobody gives a lot of detail if they're not out for the year and even if they are ... maybe not. I don't expect PJ to do more than everyone else in that area.
I'm with ya! Just fun to riff on Peej's idiosyncrasies.

I mean he warmed up last week, so I’m going to go with he’ll be out there this week. Any news on Wright?

Seemed almost like he was trying to put some pressure on the medical staff in an indirect way. "He looks great and is doing great, but I'm not allowed to make the decision the medical staff has been being overly cautious about".

I think he was doing tremendous and day to day last week as well...

Seemed almost like he was trying to put some pressure on the medical staff in an indirect way. "He looks great and is doing great, but I'm not allowed to make the decision the medical staff has been being overly cautious about".
I'm sure he had no interest in bringing him back against Miami Ohio.

Need him this week in a toss up game on the road.
#FreedomBell

I think he's just indicating what their process is and the fact that that what he thinks isn't what will get the guy on the field.

We need him, but Fleck is probably wanting to win the West. This game plays no role in that goal.

So now what?

Wasn’t it about a month ago when he went from “week to week” to “day to day”?

definitely a pattern developing where I am going to need to build a grid to help myself determine the actual return of injured Gopher players. I did this years ago with WCCO radio predictions on snowfall depths. I created the “WCCO rule of three” where I take the upper range of their snowfall prediction, divide by three, then subtract 1 and add 2 to get the actual correct range. For example, WCCO announces 10-12” - which makes the actual total of snow to expect to be between 3-6”. It is very accurate.

for Gopher injuries with Fleck’s near-worthless commentary on them, I’m thinking:

“week to week” = under evaluation for season ending status
“day to day” = minimum 2 weeks out (likely more) with no date to predict.
“Doing tremendous” = not career ending
“Practiced, looked great” = will probably play this season
“Working hard to return” = minimum 4 games out

Right now we’re 100% focused on winning the September 13th, 2021 championship season.

I'm in the camp he doesn't play this weekend. Warming up against Ohio State he was very cautious, etc., in his warm ups. That isn't good. 10 days later is not much time to get ready for a condition of his. Last Saturday he still wasn't ready but is coming around. I think the trainers want about a good 8-10 days of no issues before he plays. Why rush it?

for Gopher injuries with Fleck’s near-worthless commentary on them, I’m thinking:

Did you steal this chart from Rocco Baldelli?

I'm in the camp he doesn't play this weekend. Warming up against Ohio State he was very cautious, etc., in his warm ups. That isn't good. 10 days later is not much time to get ready for a condition of his. Last Saturday he still wasn't ready but is coming around. I think the trainers want about a good 8-10 days of no issues before he plays. Why rush it?

He's 21 not 50.

Rub some dirt on it. Or some NIL money on it...something.

Wasn’t it about a month ago when he went from “week to week” to “day to day”?

definitely a pattern developing where I am going to need to build a grid to help myself determine the actual return of injured Gopher players. I did this years ago with WCCO radio predictions on snowfall depths. I created the “WCCO rule of three” where I take the upper range of their snowfall prediction, divide by three, then subtract 1 and add 2 to get the actual correct range. For example, WCCO announces 10-12” - which makes the actual total of snow to expect to be between 3-6”. It is very accurate.

Damn, I guess I'll have to wait for "Minute to minute."

I'll be pretty shocked if CAB doesn't play this week. Even though it's OOC, it's also a bit of a statement game. Winning at Colorado after their score against #5 in the nation last week would be more than respectable.

Top Bottom