Aug 22 Scrimmage at TCF

wait!what?

Reaction score
Anybody care to take a a guess at the fan attendence on the Aug 22nd scrimmage? o/u 75%?

I'd be pleasantly surprised by 75%. I'd probably guess more like 50% (~25,000).

I dont' think the students will be on campus yet?
I'm sure there will be 15,000 Iowa or Wisconsin fans there.

Thanks A Lot!

I dont' think the students will be on campus yet?
I'm sure there will be 15,000 Iowa or Wisconsin fans there.

I just read your post and snorted coffee on keyboard and monitor. Nicely played, GoGophers2005!

:clap:

I was thinking there should perhaps be some sort of Gopherhole "call sign" that would identify us to each other at the Aug 22 event. Like, an orange wrist band, a funny colored hat, or something like that. Really, given the nature of this event, it seems like the best opportunity to seek each other out, say 'hi' and shake hands. There would be waaaaay too many people, not to mention a big (fun) distraction on a real game day. If I were walking around the concourse and saw another orange wrist band, I'd introduce myself as "Schnauzer", etc. blah blah blah.

My guess is around 15,000. Prove me wrong, Gopher fans.

I'm throwing out 20-25,000. At that amount I would be impressed, compared to previous years with the spring games.

Just so I know, there isn't anything for kids to meet the players or coaches is there? I didn't think there was but just making sure.

August 22nd game attendance!!

Yes 20-25,000 seems right. Maybe 30,000 if the weather is nice. (?)

Does anyone know if the band will be there?
Or at least a small pep band?

Thanks!

Foster,

Last i heard there wasnt going to be a Fan Fest this year, where kids could meet and greet. I dont know about this scrimmage though.

Also, i know it is for season ticket holders (which i am not), but i was wondering if there was a season ticket holder who wasnt going that could spare me 4 "tickets" to take the family?

Thanks in advance.

The way I read things, any student with a student ID can get into the building (and presumably sit in the student section) regardless of wheather they have a student season tickets or not.

If the word gets out, this should somewhat balance the fact that school is still weeks away from starting. Though, the students who care enough to show up to the preview are probably already have student season ticket.

The attendance might take a dip when they announce that they're going to charge everyone $10 for parking. I really wish I was kidding, but according to my source in the athletic department, Parking Services and the President's office have decided to make season ticket holders attending the Aug. 22 scrimmage pay for parking. Just another way for the U to make a buck, I guess. Here's hoping they change their mind.

The attendance might take a dip when they announce that they're going to charge everyone $10 for parking. I really wish I was kidding, but according to my source in the athletic department, Parking Services and the President's office have decided to make season ticket holders attending the Aug. 22 scrimmage pay for parking. Just another way for the U to make a buck, I guess. Here's hoping they change their mind.

I noticed that a gameday preview parking pass was "added" to my account in late July with no associated cost. Now if that parking pass shows up in the mail, how would then charging me for parking work?

I notice that in my account as well. If I had to guess, we'll probably be getting an Aug. 22 parking pass for our chosen lot to show that we are allowed access to that lot. But instead of just letting us in like they willl during the season, they're going to charge us $10 to park/tailgate. Again, just a guess, but I hear the Athletic Department will be sending out info soon (via email I think) re: this issue.

I Will be there, but the rest of my group will not as they want to save their first TCF game experience for September 12th. I am assuming many others will share this opinion as well so I will be VERY happy with 20k.

Aug 22 Scrimmage

I know I'm going to be there, but I haven't figured out who to take with me. I think I might kidnap my 4-year old nephew and continue his indoctrination.

I'm on the fence right now, but leaning towards skipping it (or letting my parents or in-laws go in my stead). By Aug. 22, I'll have had two stadium tours, so I've pretty much seen the place. Throw in the $10 parking and the desire to wait for the "real thing" on Sept. 12, and that will likely make my decision for me.

Foster,

Last i heard there wasnt going to be a Fan Fest this year, where kids could meet and greet. I dont know about this scrimmage though.

Also, i know it is for season ticket holders (which i am not), but i was wondering if there was a season ticket holder who wasnt going that could spare me 4 "tickets" to take the family?

Thanks in advance.

I'm currently planning to attend but suggest GH'er's not using tickets offer them free on the ticket board.

I'm one of those that is going to save the fun for the real thing on Sept. 12. My two tickets will be used by close family members though that are Gopher fans but don't have season tickets. My guess is 15-20K but hopefully I'll be wrong and 25-30K show up. That will be very hard though with school not being in session yet.

Does anyone know if the band will be there? Or at least a small pep band?

IIRC, the band won't be there, but the alumni band will be.

Alumni band will be covering the Gopher Victory Walk. The leadership of the marching band (about 60 students) will be doing a parade in Rochester in the morning and arriving back in Minneapolis about the time the scrimmage starts.

The leadership will join the alumni band in the stands when they get back.

I think there will be 30K+ as well. I base this solely on anecdotal discussions I've had with other season ticket holders. Every single person I've talked to about it (limited sample size - maybe 10-12 people) says they are going, and more importantly they are very excited about it. A couple have eve said they are hoping to scrounge up some extra tickets to the scrimmage for other friends. So, based on my small, personal sampling, I think there should be a nice crowd. I know I'm excited and will be there.

I don't understand why anyone that has the opportunity to go would pass it up. Besides, the U is counting on us to flush all the toilets at once...

I am upset

that I will be out of town and won't get to finally see the place. This will make September 12th all the more special. I hope that lots of fans take lots of pictures.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone shows up. I don't want to see any blue seats!

Please don't let your tickets go to waste. I (and others) will be happy to use them. And the more people this srimmage attracts the better.

Gophehole Ticket Exchange

Top Bottom