Audio Interview with Oregon State U. coach Gary Anderson.

Here is the transcript from the radio station. No, I'm not making this up.

Thanks for listening to the prime time with Isaak NC podcast brought to you on the stand by your local less Schwab tire sinner doing the right thing since 1952. And now let's so welcoming Gary Anderson the head coach. Minority state are you their coach hello. Ramirez if you buy yourself they'll. IE I didn't candidacy but. That's nice. Sony not. You know cinema from time to tap some great worker Barbara marathon there and I know not love in my missing a thesis on vacations on solo bit. I heard you cancel practice today. Well all part of the Grand Slam so they've been hard to trick tickets after your one source had to look kind of how did this practice who get post 49 opportunities we use small book. They thought they had a pretty guys do what else Coventry three times and they were wrong so I got a little more retractable baton planned day off form they needed it. Welcome back Mario. I saw the video they're going crazy he must run hard practice there I don't like the mean you were jumping up and down going nuts. Yet they don't have that same energy ball or stretch right there pulled them all well know via move in the right direction but. Read this that that's a well earned day off for these kids we've pushed mark since January 4 but a little surprise is good with. It stuck group our planet we have so long ago. Happened before we get to Minnesota how about those locker rooms tell us about them. No well it's it's a special place they've been this in the videos. The bottom line is big time division along locker room and I think that the kids to play in the pac twelve. Period conservative our kids have it now on the very grateful. You know they walked in there and understand that definitely comes responsibility and but there are other have a good time to use the direct way to makes them. A better student athlete the rest was just so it is a comes together can be very excited to. What you grow put the pieces of the postal these kids configure moved to the date advocate to be a better student athlete but it's it was possible. Moved within the expressions. On their faces were genuine they were real. And that was the best part in okay see that to have emotions in the could face is not. It's not fake it's not pretend to not at all like this best way to describe it is just. It's hard to get 181941. Year old kids to act quick it's Christmas morning when there eight years old but that's gonna react it's almost pretty special. That's great Gary Anderson Oregon State the beavers will kick off on next Thursday this this coming Thursday against Minnesota in Minnesota. I just general what what is Minnesota bringing to the table tennis team. We don't play twice it was confident and very very good teams who have pretty guys do the mentality their culture so. Tough minded football team that. Stop the right way to fundamentally sound technically sound they're going to be a tough group of kids whose team this. Adult first class for five years to get to the point where they are today and I think they're coaching staff has made that very clear they feel good about this team they're excited about this team and they've they've buildup to this point so Libya a great challenge for us it's a great place to play is a great venue. Modesto. A quality opponent they have very experienced quarterback fullback which is always a big positive for football team he's put a lot of games and there or run the football but I think the offer to billable more opened up and possibly has been in the past they feel very good about receivers that get good running backs. The defense is going to be. Aggressive and you know play the way it should play on defense in my opinion so this took all the quality football team as a great first pole of trust we will mow. If we've got tougher on the different got more physical did this football game because if you don't have physical tough votes against Minnesota you're not gonna have much success this. You said before if you don't believe you don't have a chance. Does this group believe yet. Bloody they believe that made progress and that's when asked to believe it is still expect Libya much approved football team and like consider earlier we've we've pushed this crew extremely hard nosed my point too much warning was you guys have been pushed extremely hard. You know coaches obviously initially have the ownership than in the football team that tries to come together built leadership strength coaches and the academic people that are available but there is a definite change of the guard if you will I think at this time of the year work. The kids need tickled program and then I feel like they've particular responsibility on this year and understand where they're headed. But I don't want to look past. Today I want to look past tomorrow right now obviously they're prepared for football team bit. You'll belief is something that first vote so. Do you really believe readers wondering if you belief well I think you really believe what you can see results and I think they see results against each other physical mustered their toughness their ability to grind through tough times and and think for a long period of time mentally but. That's nothing until you do it against opponents so. We believe in ourselves playing guess ourselves with the war find out wrote quickens as we move forward that this this team thus far played football they've enjoyed being around each other. It's you know were were thrown. 31 guys who have never. They're the freshmen and transfers who ever played in the divisional football there will be other player wasn't so as young as we are feel good good other close as a team in the Reagan. Go alone skidded to a big cup. Genuine player football games so we're about to find out. Ha Gary Anderson Oregon State I you know I was looking at you know obviously set pollen silly how you how you can use him and then Bolden and element. On the net of course Darrell Garretson who might he might crazy to still pretty optimistic about the passing game the share. You know we we we need to protect and this girl needs to get group football polls weapons or weapons all the kids that you mentioned there. Have to be weapons and what I say that we just can't make these he catches of the coverage of the follow way in the ball's going to be put write the perfect spot. The challenge I think at the receiving cores tomato contest catches and if we can do that I think we have quoted receiving corps and it should be straight up football team but again we've been offered some blindness is so. A position of concern for numbers in the position of concern from experience but. That we've. We need to call the office surround them as a coach except to make sure the girl has just get that ball out there who were playing quarterback at that moment. It could run game as a threat and it'll open up passing game for the kids that we need to be. Of fervor powerful weapon if we're going to be effective on the offensive side of the global commercial Ryan. His gang director of media and the running back corps also also I would agreement that statement. How how many new guys he breaking in upfront on the offensive line. Well there's it's a little bit of that but you know Blake's coach started tackle so qualities to have freshmen walking in there and gonna play Gavin back now Devin didn't play last year obviously video does. The injury and now he's actually he's a kid with experience to really help Charlie going with us on the trip you mop play but he has a lot of experience of that spot dust and an experienced player. So Sy will play. Home. No so verse there's an example Fred played a lot. The camp he's going to be in their Brennan center's gonna play Yani is gonna come at a plate setters fossil. There's I have four new kid but there's some experience without so it's not a crutch to sit there are so these guys of it would have experience on the line we have some guys played we have some new kids just. That are out there in the first time goodbye expected to compete at a high level want to. Be able to be in a position allow our office appeal to succeed. You said that was an area of concern is that your biggest area of concern. Say yes it's just from the depths stepped forward who were you don't you don't you would not typically walk into a game and say they were going to cook. You know have nine office sublime and we're going to. Put out there on the field and I'll put him in a position to be able to grow compete and that special number we feel good about would take you more about the trip and so most kids just start quite ready yet so it's good it's a big area of concern. And also say it or back end as far as we're we're going to go home. Very yeah of course playing back there at Augusta experiences safety put you know don't play a lot of political pressure now he's playing more safety. BA plates from good ball force last year but also natural starting roles with the budget. Core respect their trust and obviously has experience but he was injured low lectures at JC guys solution not a lot of miles from the Sudanese in the Big Ten games he's become a varmints. Well this cornerback is is not new to you but he is to us what does Darrel Garretson do well. Well there'll derelict kid that's first bowl he's he's a leader I don't think you're gonna phase him. I'll go to battered different football can be spent two locals with. Very high level he's got a very difficult place to play played well but he's steady. And that's that's a great thing as a quarterback you understand that. There's a time to live for another Dell but there'll also takes chances which I liken a quarterback he has taken chances at times and the moment not to Victor barrel barrels ready for this opportunity that they're perceived there'll be faced so. He handled himself like a division won't quarterback and I think he's made. About the world better as a whole and I think the rule was made better of these Terrell federal whole dispute in the Arab. Have a young quarterback in mesa and young quarterback and calmer in that room was allowable for his appeal the kind of altogether but you know there was going to be pharmacy Rivera sips. Because there's always how's he gonna react in this moment in this offense in this setting but so you'll find out very quickly. Gary and send no Oregon State you got a big pregame speech planner or anything like that. Now look big and that's so. Our work is every day we start Gorton has process. The title of the put then and now hopefully it all pays off when they can go out play well put. You know gave disappoint when they get themselves ready and we're hop on a plane and globe placed so pregame speeches are way you'll believe that in my opinion. You gotta all right well good luck down there we appreciate your time will look tough will look forward to talking to each week this of the here. I appreciate it to put it back quickly go.

Wow, it looks like they are outsourcing the transcript writing overseas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their speech to text technology is comparable to someone who drives a Yugo.

It sounds like Anderson is looking to air it out on Thursday. Will our secondary be up for the challenge?
Hopefully our D-line is able to get pressure as it sounds like OSU's O-line is young and untested.

We are bringing a table tennis team to Libya?

Top Bottom