Auburn Plainsman

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
Quite a few good reads in the local Auburn paper on Minnesota game. Just type in Auburn Plainsman and it will come up.

I was going to post this separately but It fits well here. Auburn call in radio the day after the disaster. All in all the opinions toward MN are much more complimentary than I would have guessed. Not nearly as much SEC bias as I would have predicted. One caller sounded off balanced and yelled and i did anticipate that, although I guessed there would be more. A fun listen...

"Auburn was able to even the score at 17 with 4:15 left to play in the half. The Minnesota running back tandem took the ball back, and Smith and counterpart Mohamed Ibrahim were able to fuel a Minnesota drive that ended in a score, and was highlighted by a 20-yard run by Ibrahim."

Actually, it was highlighted by the catch of the century, you provincial putz.

On Auburn’s 56 yards rushing.

...but against Minnesota the Tigers had their worst rushing performance of the season and the worst since 2018 against Texas A&M....

...Coming into the matchup the Auburn backs averaged 211.3 rushing yards per game.

For those too lazy to google the story, here’s the link.;)

Interesting articles - eye opening discussion about Auburn losing multiple DL to NFL draft. No big deal as they have multiple 4 star and 5 star backups and signees. Makes me wonder how good the Gophers would be with that level of recruit.

OMG, some our Gopherholers need a New Year’s résolution... don’t come on here unless you have paid the price ... you need to be ready for anything ... right now for all you slackers ... 300 thumb lifts ???????? ... three times a day for two weeks. When you have completed the course you will be able to type ? Auburn Plainsman ?. Good Luck!

Looking for someone to call my mom for me......

Thanks for the story! They sure grade easy down there. Perhaps their classroom is the same. I would have given them an F.

Running Backs: C-

Establishing the ground game has been a clear necessity during the Gus Malzahn era. The Tigers have gone 5-17 in games where they rush for less than 140 yards, they were only able to get 56 on Wednesday.

It wasn’t just one or two running backs who struggled, the entire rotation of backs struggled to get anything going. As a team they averaged just 2.2 yards per carry, with the longest run of the day coming from Nix.

Another F from me

Offensive Line: D+

The Outback Bowl was a relatively accurate representation of the season as a whole for the offensive line. There were not many running holes generated and it led to just 56 yards of rushing. In the passing game the pocket quickly collapsed, as Nix was sacked twice during the game and rarely had much time to make reads.

Along with the two sacks Minnesota had four tackles for loss during the game.

If it’s not worth your time to provide a link, it’s not worth my time to search and read it.
I don’t think he really cares if you read it or not. I think he was just pointing out what he thought people on a gopher football message board might be interested in reading, seeing as how they are reading a gopher football message.

very weird you took time to don’t have time to google the article he is referencing, but you do have time to make a post talking about what isn’t worth your time.

the year is young, but we have a strong candidate for douchiest post of the year.

I don’t think he really cares if you read it or not.......

It appears that way, since he was to lazy to post a link.

His lack of effort set the tone for my lack of effort towards reading his referenced article.

I was going to post this separately but It fits well here. Auburn call in radio the day after the disaster. All in all the opinions toward MN are much more complimentary than I would have guessed. Not nearly as much SEC bias as I would have predicted. One caller sounded off balanced and yelled and i did anticipate that, although I guessed there would be more. A fun listen.

Thanks for the link. A great listen while undecorating the tree.

Very much reminds me of when we beat Nebraska at home back in 2014 (the loss that got Pellini fired). Listened to the local post-game show and it was not pretty (just like this). The Auburn faithful just cannot fathom getting beaten by a team with only a few 4 stars. A loss was not even in the realm of possibility. Really any credit to Minnesota is for a great game plan, which is indeed a compliment.

Progress.

OMG, some our Gopherholers need a New Year’s résolution... don’t come on here unless you have paid the price ... you need to be ready for anything ... right now for all you slackers ... 300 thumb lifts ???????? ... three times a day for two weeks. When you have completed the course you will be able to LINK TO? Auburn Plainsman ?. Good Luck!

Fixed it for you

Quite a few good reads in the local Auburn paper on Minnesota game. Just type in Auburn Plainsman and it will come up.
Thanks! I read 3 of the articles, and I thought that they were quite fair. While the loss had to be shocking for many there, the articles just made it clear that Auburn was outplayed.

Losing to the Gophers might get a coach fired. To the Auburn fans. Be careful what you wish for. The alternative might be worse.

I was going to post this separately but It fits well here. Auburn call in radio the day after the disaster. All in all the opinions toward MN are much more complimentary than I would have guessed. Not nearly as much SEC bias as I would have predicted. One caller sounded off balanced and yelled and i did anticipate that, although I guessed there would be more. A fun listen...

I was intrigued by how long they let each caller ramble on. It sounded like many of these were regular callers as well, but the goal was not to have a lot of callers with a point or two but seemed to be individual callers that were given 5 - 10 minutes each.

That podcast is awesome. These Auburn fans are so SEC centric it's funny. They're totally surprised that Minnesota, or pretty much any non SEC team, could stop Auburn's offense, yet all they had to do was look at NCAA statistics to see the Gophs have a top defense (currently #10) and might be tough. Auburn played two other top 10 defenses this year in Georgia and Florida and only scored two touchdowns in those games (which is all the Goph defense gave up).

Some callers claim Auburn has better players at every position....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! I hope they keep underestimating others.

LOL! It's clear that one dude is on moonshine. The one that is screaming with a distinct southern accent.

An hour and forty minutes show about Auburn Football? They ain't got nuttin' to do down there.

LOL! It's clear that one dude is on moonshine. The one that is screaming with a distinct southern accent.

An hour and forty minutes show about Auburn Football? They ain't got nuttin' to do down there.

That was the best call. I gotta think it was a bit.

That was the best call. I gotta think it was a bit.
Reasonable guess, but if you listen to the entire show, it simply isn’t sophisticated enough to have a bit like that. The whole tone was serious talk radio. If they were to try humor, I suspect it would be a talking chicken and fart noises.

All of the callers are regulars. This time they had something to be REALLY p.o.'d about.:p

Top Bottom