Attn Mahlman: Fleck put 4 MN High School Kids in the NFL

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Why would you want to be a Badger? Your hometown coach had 4 Minnesota High School football players drafted into the NFL in the last 48 hours. If you want to get to the NFL, then Fleck will get your there.

Your family and friends can easily drive 20-30 minutes and see every game you have. Why make them drive multiple hours?

If football doesn't work out, then we can get you a great job at any number of companies in the Twin Cities. Do you know how much you can make in business-to-business sales? Think $200k plus a year.

Do not be afraid to be a legend!

The friends he makes in college are the friends you have for life...why not yer hometown?

Why would you want to be a Badger? Your hometown coach had 4 Minnesota High School football players drafted into the NFL in the last 48 hours. If you want to get to the NFL, then Fleck will get your there.

Your family and friends can easily drive 20-30 minutes and see every game you have. Why make them drive multiple hours?

If football doesn't work out, then we can get you a great job at any number of companies in the Twin Cities. Do you know how much you can make in business-to-business sales? Think $200k plus a year.

Do not be afraid to be a legend!

You're really asking this about an O lineman???

hmmmmm........12 OL drafted in last 10 drafts: including 4 1st rounders, 2 2nd rounders and 2 3rd rounders.

You still can’t wash the skunk smell off.

It might just be a bit better to toot the horns when the MN players actually take the field in the NFL and less embarrassing if they do not.

You still can’t wash the skunk smell off.
Even Shakespeare said you shouldn't be a BADger. You'll always have that skunk smell the rest of your life.

Out, damed spot! Out, I say!
--
Lady MacBeth

Hes taken the plunge to become a cheese head, so be it. I dont care if the OL player comes from WI, MN, or NZ. If he wanted to play here, he would be here.

But we all know that these are Tracy Claeys' guys and he secretly coached them, motivated them, provided game film for them, executed game plans only for them, and taught them adjustments and technique...all after he was no longer the Gopher head coach. Sly devil.

I am not sure the croots are really listening, so probably a moot point.

Just need to get their attention.

I'm sure they really want to know what some old men on the internet want them to do...

Over last 4 years WI has put 4 linemen into NFL. Drafted in RDs 1, 3, 4 and 5. Fleck since then has put 3 in RDs 2, 3 and 5. I know the Gophers do not have a great tradition here, but Fleck does. In the next 2 years we will see OL drafted as Gophers. If someone doesn't want to be part of this culture, that is fine. However, if you want to be part of something great and have a great chance at NFL., then MN is the right place for any OL recruit.

Over last 4 years WI has put 4 linemen into NFL. Drafted in RDs 1, 3, 4 and 5. Fleck since then has put 3 in RDs 2, 3 and 5. I know the Gophers do not have a great tradition here, but Fleck does. In the next 2 years we will see OL drafted as Gophers. If someone doesn't want to be part of this culture, that is fine. However, if you want to be part of something great and have a great chance at NFL., then MN is the right place for any OL recruit.

Who is the 5th rounder? I'm assuming your 2nd and 3rd rounders are Taylor Molton and Chukwuma Okarafor from Western Michigan.

Who is the 5th rounder? I'm assuming your 2nd and 3rd rounders are Taylor Molton and Chukwuma Okarafor from Western Michigan.
With the Minn. OL kids going to Wisc., it is due to them having a pretty good history of OL getting drafted, mainly as a result of Joe Rudolph's coaching.
Well Minn. has a darn good one in Brian Callahan and the players keep getting better all the time., with Sam Schlueter being one of them (who many of you wanted out of there). Three or four of his linemen at Western Michigan were drafted relatively high. Currently he has some at Minnesota that are going to end up playing at the next level too. When you get a opportunity in the future at one of Coach Flecks's open practices go down in the corner and watch the OL group work. There is no screaming or hollering at the players, just constructive coaching. I am sure the word is getting out and people can see how well the offensive line plays. Coach Callahan's group has played a big role in getting the U of M offense turned around. I can see the Malhlman kid fitting in there real well and enjoying it to. I hope the kid gives it some thought as he has a bright future in front of him. As an alum I would certainly enjoy watching him play and staying home.

With the Minn. OL kids going to Wisc., it is due to them having a pretty good history of OL getting drafted, mainly as a result of Joe Rudolph's coaching.
Well Minn. has a darn good one in Brian Callahan and the players keep getting better all the time., with Sam Schlueter being one of them (who many of you wanted out of there). Three or four of his linemen at Western Michigan were drafted relatively high. Currently he has some at Minnesota that are going to end up playing at the next level too. When you get a opportunity in the future at one of Coach Flecks's open practices go down in the corner and watch the OL group work. There is no screaming or hollering at the players, just constructive coaching. I am sure the word is getting out and people can see how well the offensive line plays. Coach Callahan's group has played a big role in getting the U of M offense turned around. I can see the Malhlman kid fitting in there real well and enjoying it to. I hope the kid gives it some thought as he has a bright future in front of him. As an alum I would certainly enjoy watching him play and staying home.
I'm not disputing any of that. Ed. W. (former OL coach) was one of the reasons Benhart didn't stay here. Furthermore, your answer doesn't answer my question to the 3 draft pick claim. I know you didn't make it, but I couldn't figure out who he was talking about.

Well, I can see John Michael Schmitz, Balis Andries, Curtis Dunlop, Daniel Fa'alele, Sam Schlueter, and possibly someone like Ko Kieft getting drafted. These guys help make it possible to stage and 11-2 run last season.

Top Bottom