Attendance

Block M

Reaction score
11K+? Seems a little disappointing for a 14-2 team with a chance to move into first-place in the league.
Guess I need to make the trip from Madison next week...

On BTN, they said the game was a "near sellout", ESPN lists the attendance at 11,267. I noticed earlier this week that Baylor, ranked #2 in the country, had just 7,500 for the game against Iowa State. I am sure we could have more, but that's a pretty good crowd for a team that is coming off the season this team is and for a program that hasn't had a winning conference record in over a decade.

Not terrible considering students aren't back yet and the TWolves had a home game. Looked packed on TV

Not terrible considering students aren't back yet and the TWolves had a home game. Looked packed on TV

There were really 3k seats vacant? Not from what I saw on TV. But, I suppose they may not have shown vacant areas...

Most of the empty space was in the student section, which is inevitable with lots of them off campus and out of town. The general admission was pretty well packed.

11K+? Seems a little disappointing for a 14-2 team with a chance to move into first-place in the league.
Guess I need to make the trip from Madison next week...

Quite honestly, I expected there to be more...but think it's still taking some time for the casual fan to come back. Obviously, the students weren't' back yet, so The Barnyard wasn't going to be full.

The announced attendance (which it's always smaller than) was 11,267, so 77% full...or butts in seats, 75% or so. That just means there's a lot more room on the Gopher bandwagon!

I was convinced that tonight was going to be a sellout, but I guess we aren't quite "back" yet in the eyes of the casual fans.

Wisconsin, Indiana and Maryland (which is a Saturday game) will sellout. Iowa, Nebraska and Penn State (Saturday game) might.

Sucks we only have three Saturday B1G games this year though, fans don't show up on Sundays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't underestimate the inconvenience of a Sunday night game, either. I am a high information fan and season ticket holder and I couldn't get to the Sunday night game. The casual fan will come back if we are still solid when we get to the Wisconsin game AND beat them. That will get their attention.

Saturday against Wisky should be a sell out.

I was at the game last night and it has been louder in there. I also thought it would have been a sell out. Need the Media to jump on board with this team. They are good!!

Saturday against Wisky should be a sell out.

I was at the game last night and it has been louder in there. I also thought it would have been a sell out. Need the Media to jump on board with this team. They are good!!

Wisconsin already is a sell out essentially from looking online, only singles and obstructed view from what I could see. The rest of the Jan-Feb games look like they are in the 11 - 12k range, lots of good ones available.

The media is on board, positive pub everywhere.

Sunday night games are tough. Had it been earlier in the day, I would expect a better crowd. That game ended around 8:45. If you're somewhat local, you're home 10ish after getting to your car, out of a ramp, etc. Lots of people don't want to get home around 10 on a Sunday night.

6:30 on a Sunday night is assinine....great crowd considering.

Watching on TV, the crowd loud and really in to it. I could feel the enthusiasm.

I dont think the wolves are going to have an impact on attendance this year.

#coacheslivesmatter

The 6:30 Sunday games are a pain. I have season tickets and went to the game but no doubt the start time kept some fans away. I think the sparse student crowd will fix itself. Guy in our section paid $110/tic which is a significant mark up and told me he followed some seats behind the bench that sold for $280. Go Gophers !

Sunday night games are tough. Had it been earlier in the day, I would expect a better crowd. That game ended around 8:45. If you're somewhat local, you're home 10ish after getting to your car, out of a ramp, etc. Lots of people don't want to get home around 10 on a Sunday night.

Yet if it's a M, T or W its ok? Fail to comprehend now that I've been away from Midwest sensibilities for a while

Top Bottom