Attendance

Saw estimates about about 6,500 people at the game yesterday with 8,583 announced. Nadine tweets often about how ridiculous it is that 2,000 people can't just jive their tickets away with how easy it is. Why do people just sit on unused tickets? I agree. I have two football games away to families I knew would likely never go and they had great time.

I just received two free tickets to the MSU basketball game through some connections from someone I don't even know.

It's not hard and it helps spread our passion of Gopher sports.
In general I agree, but as a football season ticket holder, I've found that sometimes giving seats away can be more work than you would think. After calling/texting 3-4 people it gets to be a little bit of a burden, especially considering I'm not getting paid for it.

In general I agree, but as a football season ticket holder, I've found that sometimes giving seats away can be more work than you would think. After calling/texting 3-4 people it gets to be a little bit of a burden, especially considering I'm not getting paid for it.
I used to care about who they went to. Now I just put it on social media and the first person that wants them, I text them over to them. If they use them or sell them, so be it. I did my best to get them used.

I still have some go unused at times.

Free tickets for Maryland game

I usually lurk in this forum since I'm not a huge basketball fan, but wanted to comment and say this was a great idea. I think the athletic department should do more of these "rush ticket" type deals for all our sports.

Obviously they would be most effective for the big 3, men's basket ball, football, and men's hockey, but I think it would get some more butts in seats for some of the less popular sports as well. Obviously I would guess students snapped up the 100 tickets mentioned here, and students get free admission to a LOT of the less popular sports, but I think it's still worth a shot since there may be some non-student fans who would make the trip to a lot of different sports if the tickets were free or heavily discounted.

Take a lesson from the Twins the early aughts by having some fun, marketing the players and their idiosyncrasies, and giving great deals to people who might not typically think about coming. If they offered a bargain suite, I bet I could get fifteen people to fill it in 24 hours just for the one time experience. That’s how you extend the audience.

Good chance those suites are all sold. Just unused. They can’t sell them to you if someone else owns those tickets.

I used to care about who they went to. Now I just put it on social media and the first person that wants them, I text them over to them. If they use them or sell them, so be it. I did my best to get them used.

I still have some go unused at times.
We should be friends and exchange numbers.

I didn't scan the Barn to see how many people were in the upper seats, but it was loud Sunday night. It was like it was a few years ago for a few minutes. I'm hoping more and more show up because I like it loud.

And I like hard rock and metal, but it's too much, sometimes
I don't know if I mentioned this in the Maryland game thread, but I have never once in my life worn earplugs at a musical concert, even when standing next to the speaker, but I might just grab a couple of the free ones at the door for the next game. The volume of the music at the last game gave me a legit headache. If you start not hearing from me, it's because I Googled "how to assassinate a DJ and get away with it" and the fuzz paid a visit to my house.

Seems the Gophers need a free ticket exchange website so folks don't have to pay $9 in Stub Hub fees for a $3 ticket.

Fair but I don't know that enough fans know of that and a message board doesn't directly facilitate transferring the tickets. The U should put something directly on their own website.

Top Bottom