Attendance in NC play

BJack4Life

Reaction score
I just wanted to point out how great the attendance at these NC games has been at The Barn this year. Just shows how much excitement there is in this program and coach. I Am just jacked for B1G play to start because I think the atmosphere will be electric!

Agreed. Each game I expected the crowd to be pretty low, given the opponent, but each game I was pleasantly surprised at the actual butts in seats. No doubt there is a lot of excitement for the style of play, Pitino's personality, and obviously the guys on the team.

Go Gophers!!

Last 3 crowds, especially, have been very impressive. Much bigger crowds than I anticipated considering the opponents. Pretty certain folks are fired up for the Big Ten season. Need to keep that positive mojo going with a good 2-game road trip (at least a split).

Last 3 crowds, especially, have been very impressive. Much bigger crowds than I anticipated considering the opponents. Pretty certain folks are fired up for the Big Ten season. Need to keep that positive mojo going with a good 2-game road trip (at least a split).

Agreed. Unfortunately, I think our recent memories are going to make fan excitement a very fragile thing. We have had so many optimistic starts followed by catastrophic collapses (especially in February), I get the feeling we are going to be perpetually one blown late lead or a choke job against a bad opponent at home from getting that "same old Gophers" label that has been discussed on the football board. My impression is that we will have to string together a couple good seasons (a sweet sixteen or at least finishing a season ranked) from shaking that fear.

Top Bottom