Attendance: how many extra Gopher fans will be at the NE game after NU victory???

Reaction score
I think The Bank will have a modest swing of 800 Gopher fans vs. Nebraska fans after the NU victory. The additional fans either would have either sold their tickets (many of which would go to NE fans) or just stayed at home even if we get some decent weather . . . thoughts / estimates???

An extra 800 Gopher fans could make a huge difference in the game and recruiting . . .

I was at the NU game and was impressed with the Gopher fans. I have went to the past three games at NU and, as many others have pointed out, thought this was by far the biggest and loudest crowd we have had in Evanston. Hopefully the crowd and support can continue to grow and help this team get another W!!!

stroke the post, let’s go . . .

SHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

I'll be there and can be pretty loud. Had some jNW fans unhappy with me last week. Not sure I'll affect recruiting tho.

Minnesota fans will greatly out number Nebraska fans.

With the Cornhuskers coming to town this Saturday, I see this as the opposite of hate week. The Nebraska fans are tremendous to visiting fans and I hope we can reciprocate their hospitality. I really think we have a chance to develop a great “friendly” rivalry with them.

If you are questioning why you should be nice to the Huskers well consider this, they despise the hogeyes and skunks as much as we do. This alone is a good enough reason to befriend them. We will always have the skunks and hogeyes to justifiably heap trash on so save your venom for those despicable creatures.

Let’s have fun with our Cornhuskers friends and treat them to a good time the same way they do when we come to Lincoln. If you’re tailgating, offer those red clad fans a beer and perhaps a bite to eat. While you’re at the game, thank them for coming and let them know you appreciate their traveling all the way to our great campus and stadium.

And yes, let’s beat the Huskers while they here but as Ron Burgundy would say, you stay classy, Minnesota.

Ski-U-Mah and Go Gophers!

Agree. I've had a great time in Lincoln when the Gophers have played there. Totally unlike Skunkville.

It will be hard to gauge whether there is a boost in attendance from the NW game, because the NEB fans travel so well, they will make up a larger portion of the crowd as opposed to a different visiting team. I expect a sellout, or very close - because NEB fans will have snatched up available tickets and will be watching stub hub and craig's list for any MN fans looking to dump their tickets.

My guess is an 80/20 ratio of Gopher to NEB fans - but that could be low.

Back to the original point - if the Gophers were not playing a traditional rival - OR a team with a strong fan base like NEB, it would be much easier to tell if there is any fan bump from the NW game.

Minnesota fans will greatly out number Nebraska fans.

With the Cornhuskers coming to town this Saturday, I see this as the opposite of hate week. The Nebraska fans are tremendous to visiting fans and I hope we can reciprocate their hospitality. I really think we have a chance to develop a great “friendly” rivalry with them.

If you are questioning why you should be nice to the Huskers well consider this, they despise the hogeyes and skunks as much as we do. This alone is a good enough reason to befriend them. We will always have the skunks and hogeyes to justifiably heap trash on so save your venom for those despicable creatures.

Let’s have fun with our Cornhuskers friends and treat them to a good time the same way they do when we come to Lincoln. If you’re tailgating, offer those red clad fans a beer and perhaps a bite to eat. While you’re at the game, thank them for coming and let them know you appreciate their traveling all the way to our great campus and stadium.

And yes, let’s beat the Huskers while they here but as Ron Burgundy would say, you stay classy, Minnesota.

Ski-U-Mah and Go Gophers!

Ditto to that. The Husker fans treated Mrs. Bayfield and I like honored guests. They are a class act. If you are inclined, make a point to approach those dressed in red and give them a genuine welcome to Minnesota.

Speaking of the Hogeyes, Husker fans really do despise them. That was very apparrant when talking to them last year in Lincoln.

The only reason Husker fans are "nice" right now is because they have not lost to the Gophers. Fact.

I think the biggest impact may not be in gaining attendance, but in avoiding losing attendance. There was an awful lot of gloom and doom going into the game against Northwestern.

Nebraska fans seem to be generally a good group. Much better than IA or WI, not saying much. The experience at TCF Bank compared to the dome is much better. Not as much opportunity for whole sections to go to visiting teams.

If the Gophers beat Nebraska they will be the talk of the town. Signature win.

Nebraska fans seem to be generally a good group. Much better than IA or WI, not saying much. The experience at TCF Bank compared to the dome is much better. Not as much opportunity for whole sections to go to visiting teams.

If the Gophers beat Nebraska they will be the talk of the town. Signature win.

IMO huskers fans, while avid, are very cordial and not the type to come in and trash tailgate lots as some of our other neighbors have done in the past. They are very proud of what is their "pro" team, but not as drunkenly idiotic as the average pigeye or whiskey . My ratings from my experience tailgating, going from the bottom
Iowa: by and large purely pigs
Whiskey: just as obnoxious, but have at least recent success to back up their moronic rants
UM cubs: arrogantly oblivious to social norms
NE ranks far above any of this type of riff raff

The only reason Husker fans are "nice" right now is because they have not lost to the Gophers. Fact.

This is not a fact. There are two things the Nebraska fanbase take very seriously: our sellout streak, and our reputation as good fans, and we work very hard to preserve both.
In 1998, Texas came to Lincoln and handed Nebraska our first home loss in several seasons, with Ricky Williams running for 200 yards or something. Our reaction was to chant "Heisman! Heisman!" at Williams and applaud the Texas team as they left the field.

“The standing ovation they gave Ricky, when they yelled, ‘Heis-man! Heis-man!’ was as good of a moment as I had ever seen in my life,” [Mack] Brown said. “We’re not seeing that anymore. And I hate that. It was 11 years ago. That took me to tears, just for Ricky. And that just doesn’t happen. (Nebraska) is one of the few places that could happen.”

Brown, who credited Nebraska fans as some of the best in college football — “I think they’ve always treated us the classiest of anybody”

The only exception to our behavior is when another fanbase treats us badly. Virtually every Nebraska fan has a story about going to a Colorado away game and having their car keyed, or urine-filled balloons thrown at them. So we despise the Colorado fan base. The rest we're cool with.

Top Bottom