Athlon Magazine ranks Gophers great Greg Eslinger as 4th best o-lineman of BCS era!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon's:

"4. Greg Eslinger, C, Minnesota
Not many centers have an Outland Trophy on their mantle at home but Eslinger has one (2005). He was a freshman All-American in 2002, a third-team All-American as a sophomore, a first-teamer in '04 and earned consensus All-American honors as a senior. He won the Rimington Trophy as the nation’s top center and earned Big Ten Lineman of the Year honors in ’05 too. The best stat for Eslinger, however, is that Minnesota never had a losing record during his four-year career and had the school’s first 10-win campaign since 1905."

http://www.athlonsports.com/college-football/college-footballs-top-50-offensive-linemen-bcs-era

Go Gophers!!

Without question he was a great college center. His ability to get to the second level when pulling put him in an elite category. I have no problem, based on his on field success, with his ranking as the best center of the bcs era and a top 10 offensive lineman.

Congrats Greg!

Watching those teams solidified for me that you can't win without a good line, and not just a big offensive line but a good offensive line.

Without question he was a great college center. His ability to get to the second level when pulling put him in an elite category. I have no problem, based on his on field success, with his ranking as the best center of the bcs era and a top 10 offensive lineman.

Congrats Greg!

+1. Nicely said.

Just watched Purdue 2005. Amazing how far downfield he could get on those stretch plays. Those backs must have loved him.

And what is really amazing about Eslinger is that he came from that s#!t hole ND that you all like to complain and make fun of. That must piss of a few of you just thinking about it :clap:

And what is really amazing about Eslinger is that he came from that s#!t hole ND that you all like to complain and make fun of. That must piss of a few of you just thinking about it :clap:

It must piss you off that he was smart enough to leave.

Top Bottom