ATHAN

People think they are so cool when they knock Cousins.
Yep! Same with Morgan.

The vast majority of people here have already annointed AK as the QB to get us to the top tier of the BIG. Problem is he hasn't even scratched the surface compared to what Tanner has accomplished.

Given the opportunity he may very well meet those huge expectations. He has some tools that Tanner never had but the job doesn't get done on athletic ability alone.

Here's to a complete recovery for AK and a very productive off season.

With our 23 schedule we will need a high end QB, an improved bunch of WR's and a solid OL working together. That is a lot.

I'd be inclined to accept that Morgan's skillset ar this point might include better judegment. Better decision making. He might know the offense better.

Might. Dunno. Opinion.

And while there are certainly throws that require more than velocity, there are NO throws that Morgan CAN make that Kaliakmanis CAN'T.

You might argue Kaliakmanis WON'T make the correct throw, due to inexperience or whatever.

But CAN'T? No.

Whereas there certainly ARE throws Morgan CAN'T.

Which is indisputable....and all I ever said

Morgan cant make that throw across the field. Can not.
I think he was referring to touch on the ball. It is something he needs to work on.

I just find it funny how fans can't accept the fact that the new QB may be better than the one graduating. I like Tanner and thought he had a good career but he's just not as athletic as AK.
That isn't the case at all. Everyone knows that Athan has a higher ceiling than Morgan and a bigger arm. The issue is the need some have to trash Morgan every chance they get.

Hope that Athan's College Career is better than Cousin's was, at least the post-season part.

2009 - Michigan State was 6-7 and they lost to Texas Tech in the Alamo Bowl
2010 - MSU was 11-2 and lost in the Capital One Bowl in Orlando
2011 - MSU was 11-3 and lost the Big Ten Championship Game but then beat a 10-4 Georgia team in the Outback Bowl.
Yup and just like the Vikings until they win the SB that will be the knock on Cousins. Stat stuffer who is way below .500 against teams above .500 n has won only a few playoff games. Hope he proves every1 wrong.

My guess, if AK threw the TD pass that Morgan threw to Jackson you would've said the same thing, "Morgan can't make that throw". It was great catch by Jackson but was also great throw in tight coverage in end zone.

We're all excited about Athan. Most of us can express it without putting down Morgan in the process. It's really not that hard actually, but you seemed insistent on it.
Morgan has excelled over his career at throwing the deep fade to the back corner of the end zone.

The reality is you, I or anyone else on here don’t know what’s important to him/his family values.

Maybe he comes from a well off family?
Maybe playing with his brother means everything?

Example- Dennis Evans.

Are you a drama Queen 👸🏽?
If you listen to him talk or what he posts he has totally bought in to the Row the Boat culture. He loves Tanner and PJ. His Dad seems to feel the same way. He’s our quarterback until he’s drafted. And I predict he’ll be drafted in the top 3 rounds.

If you listen to him talk or what he posts he has totally bought in to the Row the Boat culture. He loves Tanner and PJ. His Dad seems to feel the same way. He’s our quarterback until he’s drafted. And I predict he’ll be drafted in the top 3 rounds.
Will be interesting where he does end up. Many NFL teams looking quarterbacks to fulfil their needs.

Easy Trigger

LOL

That's what I thought when I wanted to start him. You went nuts.

Make this a pay site, Mods.

I "went nuts", eh?

If someone on this board (or in your life, for that matter) happens to disagree with you, is that them 'going nuts' (by your definition)?

Last edited:

Doesn’t matter if it isn’t a good spiral.

So which is the most important:

— QB height
— QB 40 yard dash time
— QB ability to throw a spiral (revolutions per second)
— Distance QB can throw
— QB standing high jump

That’s the attitude we need on here!
Break out the helmet stickers

I "went nuts", eh?

If someone on this board (or in your life, for that matter) happens to disagree with you, is that them 'going nuts' (by your definition)?
In your previous post you were agreeing with everything I was saying.

How about I just have a New Year's laugh on it. Trust me, I am.

In your previous post you were agreeing with everything I was saying.

How about I just have a New Year's laugh on it. Trust me, I am.

I agree that Kaliakmanis has a lot of potential. Key word: potential.

His obvious talent and potential don't mean the coach should have reacted in a knee-jerk fashion and benched an established, proven starter with an outstanding record.

These two facts are not contradictory. Have a chuckle over that.

I just find it funny how fans can't accept the fact that the new QB may be better than the one graduating. I like Tanner and thought he had a good career but he's just not as athletic as AK.
Literally no one is saying that. It's a straw man argument and not even a good one. What we are saying is you can applaud AK (which we all do...A LOT!) without putting down TM. Not nearly the same thing...

There seems to be a need in fandom to tear down the old when you cheer for the new these days. It's ok to say "Man AK is going to be awesome to watch!" and also say "Tanner was a good QB for us and he played well".

Why some fans have to denigrate one to prop up the other I will never know but don't pretend saying positive things about Tanner is somehow a slight against AK. That is just dishonest.

Note: for the record as soon as TM was injured I wanted AK to finish the season especially any bowl game.

WHY MUST YOU TRASH MORGAN EVERY CHANCE YOU GET??!?
The fact that you can't tell the difference between what you post and what he posted is sad...but does explain a lot about you.

Yup and just like the Vikings until they win the SB that will be the knock on Cousins. Stat stuffer who is way below .500 against teams above .500 n has won only a few playoff games. Hope he proves every1 wrong.
You realize that in the post you quoted Cousins' team won 28 games right and won a pretty prestigious bowl over a pretty big name SEC school. That is considered pretty elite around here...

Literally no one is saying that. It's a straw man argument and not even a good one. What we are saying is you can applaud AK (which we all do...A LOT!) without putting down TM. Not nearly the same thing...

There seems to be a need in fandom to tear down the old when you cheer for the new these days. It's ok to say "Man AK is going to be awesome to watch!" and also say "Tanner was a good QB for us and he played well".

Why some fans have to denigrate one to prop up the other I will never know but don't pretend saying positive things about Tanner is somehow a slight against AK. That is just dishonest.

Note: for the record as soon as TM was injured I wanted AK to finish the season especially any bowl game.
Well said. Not sure why it is so hard for some to figure this out.

was listening to the 'Gopher Gridiron Podcast' with Luke Buer and Derek Burns. (Ryan Burns is getting married in Florida...)

Derek Burns made a good point about Tanner. Until this season with the "upper body injuries," Tanner was very durable. (speaking of Cousins).

quoting Sid quoting Bud Grant - "durability can be just as important as ability."

Athan has a lot of potential - but to realize that potential, he needs to be healthy.

so, like it or not, the backup QB is going to be a very important position next year and every year.

hey, I hope Athan starts every game for the next three years. But if he is not able to start, somebody else has to be ready to come in.
One of MSM's assets is his durability while playing at a very demanding position. Durability counts: had Marvin Harrison been able to stay in the OSU-Georgia game, OSU probably wins going away. Harrison's injury was real, of course, and he shouldn't have re-entered. The point is that his absence in a crucial game was critically felt.

Not a knock on you Gringa but this is such a ridiculous standard. How many very good QB's have never been on a SB team? My guess is a lot and will start with Tarkenton, Marino, Kelly, Fouts, Moon, Rivers, etc

So which is the most important:

— QB height
— QB 40 yard dash time
— QB ability to throw a spiral (revolutions per second)
— Distance QB can throw
— QB standing high jump
Stetson Bennett at Georgia, who throws a pretty damn good ball, is 5"11" and 190 lbs. Height is certainly a recognized advantage (for a drop back QB), but mobility, arm strength, quick release, accuracy, etc. can more than make up for a few inches. Russell Wilson 5'11". Drew Brees 6'0". Fran Tarkington 6'0".

I think more would have been receptive if there wasn't such a weird freakout anytime anyone suggested AK gave the team a better chance to win. Goes both ways.

The fact that you can't tell the difference between what you post and what he posted is sad...but does explain a lot about you.
"That's a throw Morgan can't make."

That's what i said. I got vilified for saying that simple statement of fact.

Top Bottom