At what point does the staff start recruiting PFs?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Another interesting issue the staff now faces is if/when they start recruiting PFs? If Trevor and/or Royce are not on the roster in 2010-2011 we will have a huge void in our front court - especially with DJ graduating.

It is clear that we'll need to add some size, but it creates quite the timing issue for the staff. We don't know what Trevor's status is right now and we may not know until the first part of next year...as a result, we'll need to (at a minimum) start scouting JUCO PFs. It will be hard to offer one until Trevor's case is cleared up one way or another. Then you throw in Royce's saga and it will be a judgement call for the staff whether they think Royce can get back on track, and assure themselves he'll be on the team a year from now.

It will be hard to throw scholarship offers around, but at the same time, I don't think the staff can take a "wait and see approach" for too long and probably need to start looking at PFs so that if they need to sign one, at least they have a list of guys they want.

Go Gophers!!

The Badgers will trade you one for a guard in 2010-11.

Wouldn't it be cool if colleges could trade?

The Badgers will trade you one for a guard in 2010-11.

Wouldn't it be cool if colleges could trade?

Of course, any such trade would be pending passing a physical and a background check.

Good point, Bleed.
I'm pretty concerned about White's future. Generally, if he hasn't had ample motivation up to this point to get it together, I doubt he will. I will be very happy to be wrong, but my concern is he's thinking he can just take this to the next level (NBA) rather than dealing with the difficulty of developing discipline now. If I were Tubby, I'd be hitting the recruiting trail and tweeting Royce on said progress.

Good point, Bleed.
I'm pretty concerned about White's future. Generally, if he hasn't had ample motivation up to this point to get it together, I doubt he will. I will be very happy to be wrong, but my concern is he's thinking he can just take this to the next level (NBA) rather than dealing with the difficulty of developing discipline now. If I were Tubby, I'd be hitting the recruiting trail and tweeting Royce on said progress.

Key here is thinking, not sure that was involved in what he was doing.

While White has obviously messed up a number of times, I really believe that he is going to clean up his act after this. He didn't really have severe consequences in HS and I think he cares enough about his bball future that he's going to realize he doesn't have any chances left. He's done a number of idiotic things, but I don't think he's a stupid kid. I think he's just always felt invincible. I'm confident that Tubby will put him in his place and Royce will control himself due to the fact that he's out of chances. I think we all knew Royce would do something/ multiple stupid things in college, but I think his dumbest action is in the past not the future. Maybe it's good that he got it out of his system.

While White has obviously messed up a number of times, I really believe that he is going to clean up his act after this. He didn't really have severe consequences in HS and I think he cares enough about his bball future that he's going to realize he doesn't have any chances left. He's done a number of idiotic things, but I don't think he's a stupid kid. I think he's just always felt invincible. I'm confident that Tubby will put him in his place and Royce will control himself due to the fact that he's out of chances. I think we all knew Royce would do something/ multiple stupid things in college, but I think his dumbest action is in the past not the future. Maybe it's good that he got it out of his system.

Good for you for being an optimist, but I'll bet you a buck you are wrong.

BTW I don't take pay-pal.

I hope you're right. But there's a part of me that thinks any wisdom gained in this last event will get sand-papered off once he returns to the court and hears how good he is and how he's a lock for the NBA, etc etc.

He didn't really have severe consequences in HS
I think getting expelled from school -- and having it plastered on the local papers and posted/debated on various Internet sites (like this one) -- is a fairly severe consequence. YMMV.

Impossible for us to predict ... but the more I think about this, the more pessimistic I become.

Oh no, he had to switch from a school that wasn't good at bball to a school that ended up being top 20 in the nation. The poor guy went on to be Mr. Basketball and win a State Championship.

I hope you're right. But there's a part of me that thinks any wisdom gained in this last event will get sand-papered off once he returns to the court and hears how good he is and how he's a lock for the NBA, etc etc.

I think getting expelled from school -- and having it plastered on the local papers and posted/debated on various Internet sites (like this one) -- is a fairly severe consequence. YMMV.

Impossible for us to predict ... but the more I think about this, the more pessimistic I become.

Top Bottom