At what point do we consider Noreen?

Ryan Wittman would have done very well for the Gophers. I don't think Noreen will be anywhere near his level though.

Probably not but Noreen is ranked higher as a high school player than Wittman was.

"Lastly, you can compare Noreen to Leur if you want, but Leur was much more heavily recruited. In my opinion, it has much less to do with style of play and much more to do with their ability. Leur was offered by Tubby, but it was too late. Don't you think it says something that not 1 Big 10 school has offered Noreen? Not Iowa? Not Nwestern (despite his GPA)?"

Leuer was not offered by Tubby, Tubby was not our coach when Jon signed. Northwestern wants Noreen Big Time.

"Lastly, you can compare Noreen to Leur if you want, but Leur was much more heavily recruited. In my opinion, it has much less to do with style of play and much more to do with their ability. Leur was offered by Tubby, but it was too late. Don't you think it says something that not 1 Big 10 school has offered Noreen? Not Iowa? Not Nwestern (despite his GPA)?"

Leuer was not offered by Tubby, Tubby was not our coach when Jon signed. Northwestern wants Noreen Big Time.

If he chooses the "right fit" I think Noreen will be an EXCELLENT 4-yr college player. NWU would fit nicely for him.

If he chooses the "right fit" I think Noreen will be an EXCELLENT 4-yr college player. NWU would fit nicely for him.

Exactly, which is why I would be extremely disappointed if we offer him, because Minnesota and Noreen are not the "right fit." Northwestern probably is.

Northwestern which allows their bigs too shoot outisde and also employs zone to help the less athletic post players stay on the floor, would be a good spot for him. He'll probably kill us by his senior year and then we'll wonder.

Wittman

Unless R. Wittman hit a late growth spurt during the last couple months, you may want to recheck your facts. He is not taller than 6'5''.

Wittman is a legit 6'8, was named Ivy League Player of the Year, led his team on a convincing run to the Sweet 16, was invited to Portsmouth, has an outside chance at being drafted in the 2nd round, and will certainly be in an NBA camp.

So while his skills outweigh his athleticism, and that will be his biggest hurdle to an NBA career, to say that he would have struggled to get on the floor for the Gophers is ludicrous.

In the state tournement Noreen appeared to be a smart player. He always seemed to know where to be on the court. He is a good shooter. He may not be the most atheletic of our big guys. He seemed to have the heart for the game and he is a good student. But, assuming Mbakwe returns, the team doesn't need anymore post players.

Marcus tweets Tubby watched Noreen practice today. I'm not huge on Noreen, but I'm glad Coach is giving him a good look.

Top Bottom