At this point redshirts should be reconsidered

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
Yes the program needs to be built but if we have young offesnive lineman that are
strong and talented like Olson and Michel at Left guard or LT and Hageman or Garin at defensive end I say let them play and get there feet wet. If your going to get beat, get beat with your best foot forward. I just do not want to see 71 at RT anymore, that project is a bust. Michel at LT and move Alford over to RT.
Coaches make the call, but if there leaving some thoroughbreds in the barn they should really think about that. I'm not saying sell out to win, but if they have some kids especially on the O-line that can really help the team compete they should really take a hard look at that. Sometimes you have to say what are we saving them on the sidelines for if they are talented enough to help us win.

Yes the program needs to be built but if we have young offesnive lineman that are
strong and talented like Olson and Michel at Left guard or LT and Hageman or Garin at defensive end I say let them play and get there feet wet. If your going to get beat, get beat with your best foot forward. I just do not want to see 71 at RT anymore, that project is a bust. Michel at LT and move Alford over to RT.
Coaches make the call, but if there leaving some thoroughbreds in the barn they should really think about that. I'm not saying sell out to win, but if they have some kids especially on the O-line that can really help the team compete they should really take a hard look at that. Sometimes you have to say what are we saving them on the sidelines for if they are talented enough to help us win.

This is not the time to panic and waste a year of eligibility just to try to salvage this season. We will probably need those years down the road, hopefully when the outlook is a little brighter.

You don't pull redshirts this late in the season, unless you have a bunch of injuries and you're fighting for a major bowl game.

Keep 'em redshirted.... Now is not the time, gopherdudepart2.

Top Bottom