At 2PM on Saturday...

Rosemountian

Reaction score
The Michigan State game will be ending. We will know whether or not we control our own destiny for a big ten championship.

Don't sleep on the cardiac cats.

They've lost two in overtime.
One on a Hail Mary.
And essentially lost to us on a pick 6.

4 plays to differently and they are an 8-2 team. This will not be an easy game for Michigan state.

Michigan state beat Nebraska 41-28 but Nebraska gift-wrapped 24 points for Michigan state via turnovers. If you don't turn the ball over Michigan states offense is bad enough where anyone could have a chance against them (see MSU-Purdue).

Not out of the question to think MSU will have a let-down either.

Idc if we lose to MSU by 50 in the last week of the year, I just want to beat Wisconsin. Nothing else matters to me right now.

Idc if we lose to MSU by 50 in the last week of the year, I just want to beat Wisconsin. Nothing else matters to me right now.

You're going to have to get used to multi-tasking. Gopher fans need to stop setting their sights so low.

Don't sleep on the cardiac cats.

They've lost two in overtime.
One on a Hail Mary.
And essentially lost to us on a pick 6.

4 plays to differently and they are an 8-2 team. This will not be an easy game for Michigan state.

Michigan state beat Nebraska 41-28 but Nebraska gift-wrapped 24 points for Michigan state via turnovers. If you don't turn the ball over Michigan states offense is bad enough where anyone could have a chance against them (see MSU-Purdue).

AFTER, we got screwed on the worst PI call of all time.

You're going to have to get used to multi-tasking. Gopher fans need to stop setting their sights so low.

When the Gophers show that they can be competitive in EVERY game they play, Gopher fans' sights will be set higher. Until then, won't ever happen.

4 plays differently and they are an 8-2 team.

Don't forget they fumbled a 4th down QB sneak in Buckeye territory while driving for the winning score with under 3 mins to go. Easily could be 5-1 in BT play instead of 0-6, but this is classic NW recently - can't close the deal.

Seriously, I say this 'fully knowing the Gophers' history of losses in the last 15 years, but man, you've got to feel for the cats' fans. They have lost some ridiculous head-scratchers in the last few years.

One game at a time, brick by brick bro.

Ending Wisconsin's record tying 9 game winning streak in the series is the only thing any respectable Gopher fan should be thinking about.

If you don't turn the ball over Michigan states offense is bad enough where anyone could have a chance against them (see MSU-Purdue).

Michigan State is averaging 32.3 ppg in Big Ten games, including 40+ on three occasions. Every game but one (stinker vs. Purdue) they've score 26+. Just because a few talking heads on TV still insist MSU's offense stinks (which it did when they were struggling to find a QB and primary ball-carrier) doesn't make it true. With that defense, their 32+ ppg + being one of the best time-of-possession teams in the country serves Sparty very well.

Can't see any way MSU has a letdown vs. Northwestern. Why would they? They haven't clinched anything yet, and Northwestern certainly has their attention after last season's Wildcat win in East Lansing.

The Michigan State game will be ending. We will know whether or not we control our own destiny for a big ten championship.

A little over a month ago:

When this team finishes 1-7 or 0-8 in the conference and there are 25-30k butts in seats for the penn state game, there won't be an option.

Now that's funny right there.

Kill's going to get fired after this season, right? You're a joke.

Michigan State is averaging 32.3 ppg in Big Ten games, including 40+ on three occasions. Every game but one (stinker vs. Purdue) they've score 26+. Just because a few talking heads on TV still insist MSU's offense stinks (which it did when they were struggling to find a QB and primary ball-carrier) doesn't make it true. With that defense, their 32+ ppg + being one of the best time-of-possession teams in the country serves Sparty very well.

Can't see any way MSU has a letdown vs. Northwestern. Why would they? They haven't clinched anything yet, and Northwestern certainly has their attention after last season's Wildcat win in East Lansing.

I agree with all of this. MSU is the 2nd best team in the conference and Northwestern is probably the 9th best team. I also think that Northwestern must at this point be expecting bad things to happen to them, which is never a recipe for winning.

Lastly, while it's not wrong to think about how a play or two here are there could have made the season very different, at some point the sample size becomes large enough that it's indicative. I don't think any 0-6 team in history could say they could easily be 5-1.

Ha!

Old posts do haunt. sidenote- i recall the OP is a special needs guy who was rosemount's team helper. me? i deal him a couple of extra cards per hand.

Rosemountain wanted a "named" coach and since Kill didn't meet this Rosemountain's requirement he immediately began a campaign that he will be fired. As you said above he is a joke.

I only wish Julie Perlt was still doing the PA. Or someone with a style, sense of humor, or irony. The games in Brickhouse were always punctuated with an inverted upset. It would be priceless to hear its Final Michigan State 17 ........Northwestern 21.

A joke would be if I was a fan who disappeared when I was wrong. Clearly this team has gotten better this year. I still don't think we are a very good team. Neither does Vegas. But you don't have to be a good team. You just have to win. Which we have done.

Top Bottom