ASU Post Game Thoughts

Credit needs to be given to Tubby as well

Some folks like to criticize Tubby when he loses, so we need to recognize him during out wins.

1. With young talent he has been able to wear down and outlast many of the teams we have been playing.
2. Giving all of his recruits a chance to play and prove themselves.
EE, Chip, and Mav have significantly improved and could be excellent recruits as they continue to develop
3. The team plays very unselfish!
4. He has continued to encourage Rodney to be a leader! This may really pay off!
5. Tubby has been a very good game coach this year vs. coaches he has gone against. He has a quiet confidence that makes you believe we are going to pull it out in the end and the players believe it as well.

We haven't played one true road game. We have played mostly mid majors with less depth that a big conference team will have. So while I am incouraged there are facts we have to consider.

We haven't played one true road game. We have played mostly mid majors with less depth that a big conference team will have. So while I am incouraged there are facts we have to consider.
While the major college teams may have more depth, most don't use it. OSU plays 7 guys.

I think it takes a balance. It also depends on how much a coach wants to run and press. OSU should play more people. Sometimes Tubby's hockey subbing has drawn lots of criticism. I don't know if we will tire most of the better big ten teams. "Most" coaches play 8-10 guys in the nonconference, and slim the rotation to 7-8 by the conference time.

This team needs to play a ton of people and pressure all over the court with the deficit we will see in the post.

Top Bottom