Associated Press Top 100 College Football Programs

"The Associated Press has been ranking the best teams in college football since 1936. Over 80 years and 1,103 polls, a total of 165 schools have been ranked and 44 of them have been ranked No. 1 (Minnesota was the first)."

"To determine the all-time Top 25, the AP formula counted poll appearances (one point) to mark consistency, No. 1 rankings (two points) to acknowledge elite programs and gave a bonus for AP championships (10 points)."

So it's a poll of polls....

"The Associated Press has been ranking the best teams in college football since 1936. Over 80 years and 1,103 polls, a total of 165 schools have been ranked and 44 of them have been ranked No. 1 (Minnesota was the first)."

"To determine the all-time Top 25, the AP formula counted poll appearances (one point) to mark consistency, No. 1 rankings (two points) to acknowledge elite programs and gave a bonus for AP championships (10 points)."

Verifiable, unimpeachable methodology...Minnesota is 37th. There is no uncertainty about the certainty of Minnesota's position in the hierarchy of College Football Programs.

How in world do you rank Purdue ahead of us??

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I like that they attempted to put some rigor to it, but the scoring system seems very out of whack. If just appearing in the poll is worth 1 point, #1 rankings and national championships have to be worth way more than 2 and 10 points respectively. Is appearing in the poll 10 times equal to a national championship in prestige, recognition, etc.? No way. I'd say #1 rankings should be worth 10 and national championships worth 25, at least - if not more.

I like that they attempted to put some rigor to it, but the scoring system seems very out of whack. If just appearing in the poll is worth 1 point, #1 rankings and national championships have to be worth way more than 2 and 10 points respectively. Is appearing in the poll 10 times equal to a national championship in prestige, recognition, etc.? No way. I'd say #1 rankings should be worth 10 and national championships worth 25, at least - if not more.

That and while I'll take any ranking, let's face it, spots 20 to 25 (or even earlier) are pretty damn random. Teams show up in that range that are pure garbage at times, others who prove to be crazy good.

No kidding we'd be a lot higher on this list if that were the case

Y not rank em by per national champions ?? Lol Wisconsin would be dead last and the Hawkeyes would come in about turd from last..

Y not rank em by per national champions ?? Lol Wisconsin would be dead last and the Hawkeyes would come in about turd from last..

Minnesota (7) > Iowa (1) and Wisconsin (0). Yes, I count the Billingsley ranking of the 1904 team. Eric Thrall's a dipschit.

Top Bottom