Assistant Coaches

gopher ceaser

Reaction score
Are they gone for good or is there a chance the new coach hires some of them? I would really like to see a few stay but I would wonder if the administration would want to fully clean house.

I think the next coach keeps Sherels no matter what but I doubt any of the others stick.

Most coaches keep one coach from the previous staff. I expect Sherels will be kept.

Go Gophers!!

I feel a little bad for Jay Johnson. He had one year with no players recruited to fit his system. It's not like the offense was horrendous either. I assume he'll land on his feet but likely not a Power 5 job.

It sucks but they're all getting paid this next year. We'll see what Fleck has to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sucks but they're all getting paid this next year. We'll see what Fleck has to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope Fleck can talk someone into keeping Sawvel. I get it, that would be hypocritical, but I don't think our administration is smart enough to notice the hypocrisy of allowing Sawvel to stay.

Sawvel and Anderson are gone. They confirmed it on their respective twitter accounts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

As long as Sherels is good health wise, I'll be very surprised if he's not back.

I think Sherels and Weber will be around in some capacity. O'Brien would not surprise me either. No matter who is hired they need at least a little bit of continuity.

With the Coaches Convention this weekend I wouldn't be surprised if half the coaches are employed within a week.

Did he support the players boycott? If he did, wouldn't Coyle be a even bigger hypocrite than he already is?

+1

Sherels was the one reported to be who the players talked to the most about the boycott, he arguably had more influence in it than Claeys did because Claeys was in San Diego. I like Sherels but I don't see how they keep him after that, unless his former player status buys a lot of forgiveness and he advised the players not to boycott, which no one knows but him and the team.

Top Bottom