Armelin

but how many times does someone snap a quick pass to Rodney on the perimeter and he stands there or just gives it back, he's basically a black hole when he's not near the rim or has a wide open baseline. how can he play a 4 when that's where Mbakwe is (who can't hit a jumper either but scares the hell out of anyone coming into the key)

As much as I agree Armelin is a nice player, Joe is ready + bigger and stronger. We will see.

Armelin will have a year under his belt at a big ten level. He has also shown that he can finish around the rim better than any other guard on this team. He has been a pretty decent distributor as well so far. Whenever he is in the game, he tends to make our offense look MUCH more dynamic with limited mistakes. We will see, but Armelin sure seems like a player to look out for.

Armelin will have a year under his belt at a big ten level. He has also shown that he can finish around the rim better than any other guard on this team. He has been a pretty decent distributor as well so far. Whenever he is in the game, he tends to make our offense look MUCH more dynamic with limited mistakes. We will see, but Armelin sure seems like a player to look out for.

Year under the belt, with a lot of playing time/ experience due to Devoe's departure. Also good point about his distribution, he will probably be our best passer next season. He makes some great assists and I know Tubby loves a guy that sees the floor and makes things happen for his teammates.

I still think Joe will be ready to challenge. That's a good thing.

Year under the belt, with a lot of playing time/ experience due to Devoe's departure. Also good point about his distribution, he will probably be our best passer next season. He makes some great assists and I know Tubby loves a guy that sees the floor and makes things happen for his teammates.

I still think Joe will be ready to challenge. That's a good thing.

I think Joe will make a big impact as well. It will be very interesting to see what the Gophers look like next year with the departure of two impact, 4-year seniors. Lots of young talent on this team though.

I think Joe will make a big impact as well. It will be very interesting to see what the Gophers look like next year with the departure of two impact, 4-year seniors. Lots of young talent on this team though.

Maybe we will be like the "Flyin' Illini" from the days of Bardo, Gill, Liberty etal!! The two Hollins, Rodney, Chip and Coleman will make a pretty athletic group of guards and wings.

I'm very pleased with Chip, though I still think Austin has more upside. He's longer, quicker and in my opinion even more athletic than Chip. Look how many steals he has had and Tubby has consistently selected him first off the bench. He was a sharp shooter out of hs, I'm not sure why he hasn't shown much of it... freshman nerves?

Joe Coleman vs Chip Armelin split for playing time next year is going to be interesting.

Have to disagree. To me, Chip is maybe the quickest guy on the team, and Hollins takes a long time to get up to full speed. Chip looks so much more explosive and its not really close at this point.

Hollins will be fine with a few years of hitting the weights though

Top Bottom