Arkansas Recruits

Dirk Diggler

Reaction score
If Tubby is staying he should be doing everything in his power to sway one of those recruits to play for him...

Personally the only two guys on that list that I would really want talent-wise is BJ Young and Ky Madden, but I don't see either of those two as very realistic possibilities. And nothing against Mickelson, I just prefer more physical power forwards and that's just simply not his game.

Personally the only two guys on that list that I would really want talent-wise is BJ Young and Ky Madden, but I don't see either of those two as very realistic possibilities. And nothing against Mickelson, I just prefer more physical power forwards and that's just simply not his game.

All those kids are better than anybody Minnesota currently has on its roster (or coming in) save Trevor and maybe Rodney Williams.

If Tubby could recruit any of those kids to MN, I think he would have done so already.

All those kids are better than anybody Minnesota currently has on its roster (or coming in) save Trevor and maybe Rodney Williams.

Back on this board again. Uk must be winning again?

Stars mean nothing, you should have learned it this year at least.

Go Gophers

All the kids I mentioned or all the kids they have committed? And just so we're clear I never said they weren't talented enough to play here, I said I don't think it's realistic that we would actually get them. For some reason I can't see Ky Madden wanting to play in the Big Ten and I don't think Tubby would consider B.J. Young due to academic/character issues.

I can see why the Arkansa coach was upset, I hate to say it but keeping that class intact could be a big draw for any would be coach.

All the kids I mentioned or all the kids they have committed? And just so we're clear I never said they weren't talented enough to play here, I said I don't think it's realistic that we would actually get them. For some reason I can't see Ky Madden wanting to play in the Big Ten and I don't think Tubby would consider B.J. Young due to academic/character issues.

Yeah, I might have misconstrued what you were saying. Sitting in an airport at 2:30 in the morning waiting for a connecting flight isn't conducive to rational thought. I apologize. But I think Tubby would take all those kids if they wanted to commit to the Gophers and assuming they all qualified.

Recruiting is all about relationships and connections. While I have respect for Taylor and even Saul despite his youth (Jirsa is a waste imho. I think he's a decent x's and o's guy but his recruiting relevance is way, way overblown) on the recruiting path they're both still fighting an uphill battle on the road for a myriad of reasons.

Top Bottom