Arizona State @ Minnesota: 1-3-21 & 1-4-21

Best college goal I can remember in years because of how he brought the puck down on top of the goal itself

Sloppiest series of the year by far but that's 10-0 and 12 is the longest winning streak in a long time. I don't even know when the last 12 gamer was.

Gophers will be glad to hopefully get the three WJC back for the Border Battle.

Sloppiest series of the year by far but that's 10-0 and 12 is the longest winning streak in a long time. I don't even know when the last 12 gamer was.

Gophers will be glad to hopefully get the three WJC back for the Border Battle.

Definitely was not the cleanest 2 game set but not unexpected with the big lay off. ASU also isnt complete shit imo. They can be competitive.

Also, while we were definitely rusty. I never once felt "shit we might lose" either game.

Last 12 gameer was 25 years ago according to the tv. Definitely a great run.

Definitely was not the cleanest 2 game set but not unexpected with the big lay off. ASU also isnt complete shit imo. They can be competitive.

Also, while we were definitely rusty. I never once felt "shit we might lose" either game.

Last 12 gameer was 25 years ago according to the tv. Definitely a great run.
That was only 11 games in 95-96

I found a 13 game win streak in 91-92. Ended by uw. Let's not let that happen this weekend.

any weekend that ends in bringing out the broom sticks is a good weekend by my call. keep er up

Neither game was all that sharp, although I felt the team played a bit better overall in game two than in game one.

Liked seeing the increased goals, but defensively, they got themselves into trouble both nights with some loose play in their own zone.

With that said, it felt like they really wore down Arizona State in the third period of game two and that the Sun Devils were pretty much gassed by the end of the game.

Get the guys back from the junior tourney and roll on to Madison!!!

I've seen two too many of these.
That's a sweet goal. Wish I could have seen it live, I've got YTTV, so no Sinclair channels. Sinclair has announced that they're going to a direct subscription service, so they'll probably drop their Comcast deal and any other partnerships once those contracts end. To view FSN, which is now rebranded as Bally's, you'll end up paying a separate subscription fee, similar to ESPN+.

Johnny Walker's goal was great. Kuddos to the Sun Devils for playing so hard and giving the Gophers a run for their money. After we went up 2-0, I was feeling pretty comfortable. Then Arizona rattled off three in a row to take the lead and I'll admit to thinking that we had lost the momentum.

What I really appreciated was seeing Sampo and the other guys flip the switch. They started attacking and did what great teams do - they recovered from adversity to find a way to win.

I pay $55/month +/- for DirecTV Now and FSN North is on it. It's a streaming service, so just get the app on your Roku and you're golden.

I don't think Cloud is better than us. They do a great job of playing competitive against the good teams of the NCHC. But they are already very vulnerable to the clunkers, and come tourney time thats a specialty.

We are definitely deeper in talent. UND and UMD are tougher considering the talent gap greatly reduces if not completely. And those teams are obviously getting more consistently tested.

I think we can go toe to toe with both. UMD has that tourney magic tho.

The Gophers are better than SCSU.....and I have watched quite a few Huskies games. The Gophers look legitimately better than they have for years and I'm pretty confident that they could make a run to the frozen four and a title.

But as to your comments about SCSU. They had ONE clunker against Western Michigan early in the year when they lost 2-1. Otherwise their loss to Omaha was nothing to laugh about. The other two losses came against NoDak and UMD. And both of those were split, two games series where SCSU handed both one of their few losses as well.

Ahh. Does it have BTN?
Yes. During the football season this year it even had approximately 4 BTN channels to cover games going on at the same time. It's back to just one now. I don't know if that was just a 2020 thing because so many people were home to watch or if they'll do that next year too. It wouldn't let me record live games, though, the couple of times I tried. I record other shows no problem, such as The Curse of Oak Island and my wife records The Masked Singer.

Yes. During the football season this year it even had approximately 4 BTN channels to cover games going on at the same time. It's back to just one now. I don't know if that was just a 2020 thing because so many people were home to watch or if they'll do that next year too. It wouldn't let me record live games, though, the couple of times I tried. I record other shows no problem, such as The Curse of Oak Island and my wife records The Masked Singer.
Huh...I went out to the site and looked at the $55 plan and didn't see it or any regional sports channels listed. They do show on the $80 plan. You maybe on some sort of grandfathered plan?

Huh...I went out to the site and looked at the $55 plan and didn't see it or any regional sports channels listed. They do show on the $80 plan. You maybe on some sort of grandfathered plan?
It's possible, though honestly it's on automatic payment and I haven't checked for a price change in a while. It was $45 for the base plan and $55 for the next higher package with FSN and BTN when I signed up. I'll look to see what I pay currently some time.

BTN+ should have the FSN games for an additional 10 a month if you need it over whatever streaming service you have

The Gophers are better than SCSU.....and I have watched quite a few Huskies games. The Gophers look legitimately better than they have for years and I'm pretty confident that they could make a run to the frozen four and a title.

But as to your comments about SCSU. They had ONE clunker against Western Michigan early in the year when they lost 2-1. Otherwise their loss to Omaha was nothing to laugh about. The other two losses came against NoDak and UMD. And both of those were split, two games series where SCSU handed both one of their few losses as well.

Nah, Cloud has played a handful of poor games against the weaker teams. They did not play very well in the OT win vs CC(started very slow) nor the other Western Michigan game until the 3rd period. Obviously not complete "clunkers" technically since they did win all but 1.

They have however played really well in really all there games vs UND, Cloud and Denver. The other perennial 3 powers of the league. Which has been Clouds MO for years and that was more the point. That some of their sluggish games so far this year point a bit to past trend.

And the jury is out on Omaha. 60% of their games so far are against the bottom 3 in the league. Havent played UND or Denver yet.

Regardless, I have no concerns about the Gophers being able to go toe to toe with the NCHC best. Would be 10-0? No. But we'd still have a lot of wins.

Nah, Cloud has played a handful of poor games against the weaker teams. They did not play very well in the OT win vs CC(started very slow) nor the other Western Michigan game until the 3rd period. Obviously not complete "clunkers" technically since they did win all but 1.

They have however played really well in really all there games vs UND, Cloud and Denver. The other perennial 3 powers of the league. Which has been Clouds MO for years and that was more the point. That some of their sluggish games so far this year point a bit to past trend.

And the jury is out on Omaha. 60% of their games so far are against the bottom 3 in the league. Havent played UND or Denver yet.

Regardless, I have no concerns about the Gophers being able to go toe to toe with the NCHC best. Would be 10-0? No. But we'd still have a lot of wins.

Even the Gophers had to edge Penn State by a goal. A BAD Penn State team. So early season clunkers are a poor measuring stick. Fact is that the Huskies only BAD loss was by one goal to Western Michigan. They've swept Denver thus far. They split with NoDak in their one series.

And now they are 2-1 against UMD after their win tonight.....and in sole possession of first place in the NCHC. Worth mentioning that the loss to UMD was an OT loss which still netted them a point. So seven out of nine points from the defending champions thus far.

Maybe it's just me....but I'm of the thought that playing with and beating the best teams is a better sign of a teams ability come March/April.....rather than a couple of poor performances that came early in the year.

Even the Gophers had to edge Penn State by a goal. A BAD Penn State team. So early season clunkers are a poor measuring stick. Fact is that the Huskies only BAD loss was by one goal to Western Michigan. They've swept Denver thus far. They split with NoDak in their one series.

And now they are 2-1 against UMD after their win tonight.....and in sole possession of first place in the NCHC. Worth mentioning that the loss to UMD was an OT loss which still netted them a point. So seven out of nine points from the defending champions thus far.

Maybe it's just me....but I'm of the thought that playing with and beating the best teams is a better sign of a teams ability come March/April.....rather than a couple of poor performances that came early in the year.
I don't think UMD is that good.

3-1 against UMD.
He doesn't think UMD is that good, because he doesn't think SCSU is that good. All three of UND, SCSU, and UMD are quality teams. UMD always turns it on when it matters and they are the champions for 1000+ days running, so no one should count them out.

He doesn't think UMD is that good, because he doesn't think SCSU is that good. All three of UND, SCSU, and UMD are quality teams. UMD always turns it on when it matters and they are the champions for 1000+ days running, so no one should count them out.

I saw that. I think it's a goofy conclusion to come to considering that they've been back to back champions and were the runner up the year before. In fact....the NCHC has produced the last FOUR national champions. Doesn't make sense that folks are downplaying the NCHC teams when the Big Ten is truly poor.

Oh well. BEAT THE BADGERS!

Doesn't make sense that folks are downplaying the NCHC teams when the Big Ten is truly poor.
Because of no non conference games, people don't realize the Gophers didn't play a quality team until last night.

For most teams? Yes. For Cloud??? History says no. The 1 seed is a kiss of death for them.

They are getting boat raced by Western Michigan tonight.

Cloud definitely has a issue with playing up and down to their competition and its been that way for years.

For most teams? Yes. For Cloud??? History says no. The 1 seed is a kiss of death for them.

They are getting boat raced by Western Michigan tonight.

Cloud definitely has a issue with playing up and down to their competition and its been that way for years.

Past results have ZERO impact on today. None.

Top Bottom