Arizona State @ Minnesota: 1-21-21 @ 1-22-21

Relax.

All I said was it was a beatdown and it is. Then you qualified it as "nothing to see here."

Interesting fan perspective, but maybe I'll heed your advice and quit watching (even as the beatdown is now 6-0 with shots at 30-2 as I type this.)
It's bonin's bit.

I did. ASU has managed five wins, same as Denver and one less than UMD, basically playing on road almost every game. They were clearly out matched by a very, very good Gopher squad. A double digit win is very rare for Gophers. Double digit shutout win even rarer, regardless of the opponent.
If you think ASU is in the same ballpark as those two teams talent wise you've once again shown you don't follow college hockey enough to speak intelligently about it.

If you think ASU is in the same ballpark as those two teams talent wise you've once again shown you don't follow college hockey enough to speak intelligently about it.
Good lord you are thin skinned. That talent you like to often mention has not managed to convert into many wins for those teams, has it?

Jared Moe likely to get the start today. Should be a win, but ASU should certainly keep it within 5.

Back to back double digit games, I wonder when the last time that happened was.

Caught a few minutes of todays game and saw Walker clowning ASU on the penalty kill. That was the hockey equivalent of a Harlem Globetrotter dribbling through all of the Washington Generals.

Street sweeper probably more appropriate this series...
sweep 3.gif

I did. ASU has managed five wins, same as Denver and one less than UMD, basically playing on road almost every game. They were clearly out matched by a very, very good Gopher squad. A double digit win is very rare for Gophers. Double digit shutout win even rarer, regardless of the opponent.

You got a weird thing going on off trying to make the NCHC look like it isnt a great league.

Sure ASU "has managed 5 wins" same as Denver and 1 less than UMD. But they are 5-13-2 the other two are 5-8-1 and 6-5-2 playing a much tougher schedule overall.

Duluth has 1 regulation loss against a team that isnt UND, Cloud or Denver(the other 3 consistently strong programs) and they have just once lost by more than 2 goals.

Denver is the same thing. Basically a bunch of losses against UND, Cloud and Duluth. And most of which are competeitive.

ASU gets boatraced against teams of UND/Duluth/Cloud caliber(minny and Michigan).

You got a weird thing going on off trying to make the NCHC look like it isnt a great league.

Sure ASU "has managed 5 wins" same as Denver and 1 less than UMD. But they are 5-13-2 the other two are 5-8-1 and 6-5-2 playing a much tougher schedule overall.

Duluth has 1 regulation loss against a team that isnt UND, Cloud or Denver(the other 3 consistently strong programs) and they have just once lost by more than 2 goals.

Denver is the same thing. Basically a bunch of losses against UND, Cloud and Duluth. And most of which are competeitive.

ASU gets boatraced against teams of UND/Duluth/Cloud caliber(minny and Michigan).
Wins actually mean something. There's not a team in that league better than the Gophers. Hard stop.

Denver lost to Miami and tied WMU.

I'm surprised. ASU was that bad this weekend, while the Gophers were a train
Goalie for ASU was on the club team a couple weeks ago. Clobbered with injuries. Tough weekend for them. In addition the weekly plane trips every where along with the hotel living has to be taking a toll on them.

I don't doubt though that the coaches were breathing down the Gopher's neck to do better this weekend.

Goalie for ASU was on the club team a couple weeks ago. Clobbered with injuries. Tough weekend for them. In addition the weekly plane trips every where along with the hotel living has to be taking a toll on them.

I don't doubt though that the coaches were breathing down the Gopher's neck to do better this weekend.
Frankly if the Gophers don't sweep a bad OSU team next this ASU series will become a quickly forgotten memory in terms of how this team stacks up nationally. Of course the memory of 10-0 and 10-2 over any D1 team lives on a while.

All the key suspects won tonight. BC, UND, Kato, UMD, SCSU, Denver. BU and UM are threats to pull things together at the right time. Games against all of those teams would be too hard to call. Gophers need to be rolling at the end of the year.

Frankly if the Gophers don't sweep a bad OSU team next this ASU series will become a quickly forgotten memory in terms of how this team stacks up nationally. Of course the memory of 10-0 and 10-2 over any D1 team lives on a while.

All the key suspects won tonight. BC, UND, Kato, UMD, SCSU, Denver. BU and UM are threats to pull things together at the right time. Games against all of those teams would be too hard to call. Gophers need to be rolling at the end of the year.
Bonin- respect your hockey knowledge. We'll never know, but do you think UMD would have won 3rd straight last year? Before season was cancelled, most prognosticators had them going out in the regional. I thought they had a pretty good chance as they had the best player (Perunovich) and best big game goalie in Shepard. Offense was a bit iffy though.

Bonin- respect your hockey knowledge. We'll never know, but do you think UMD would have won 3rd straight last year? Before season was cancelled, most prognosticators had them going out in the regional. I thought they had a pretty good chance as they had the best player (Perunovich) and best big game goalie in Shepard. Offense was a bit iffy though.
IMO it would have been UND or UMD. I think UMD probably could have pulled it off with Samberg/Perunovich/Shepard

Top Bottom