Arizona State football - shut it down

Some guy

Reaction score
Breaking:
Guy who hasn’t coached college since 1989 breaks college rules and doesn’t get away with it.

For those looking for an ounce of context:

The NCAA is investigating allegations of violations within the Arizona State football program, the school confirmed in a statement to ESPN.

Arizona State spokeswoman Katie Paquet did not specify what the allegations are related to, citing NCAA bylaws for ongoing investigations. But sources told ESPN that the potential violations are linked to recent recruiting practices and likely involve several Arizona State coaches.

Sources told ESPN that part of the NCAA's investigation involves Arizona State hosting prospects during the recruiting dead period, which lasted from March 2020 to June 1, 2021, because of the coronavirus pandemic. FBS programs were prohibited from having recruits on campus during the dead period.

Several sources in the Pac-12 told ESPN that ASU also faces allegations about recruiting practices that occurred when the dead period ended, including possible improper contact with prospects at an off-campus recruiting camp earlier this month.

The Athletic reported, citing a source, that ASU's compliance staff has started interviewing coaches about the allegations. Football coach Herm Edwards' involvement in the investigation is not yet known, and a spokesman for the athletic department referred questions to the university. Defensive coordinator Antonio Pierce also serves as the team's recruiting coordinator, and wide receivers coach Prentice Gill is ASU's assistant recruiting coordinator.

Go Context!!

In case anyone was wondering:

The NCAA is investigating allegations of violations within the Arizona State football program, the school confirmed in a statement to ESPN.

Arizona State spokeswoman Katie Paquet did not specify what the allegations are related to, citing NCAA bylaws for ongoing investigations. But sources told ESPN that the potential violations are linked to recent recruiting practices and likely involve several Arizona State coaches.

Sources told ESPN that part of the NCAA's investigation involves Arizona State hosting prospects during the recruiting dead period, which lasted from March 2020 to June 1, 2021, because of the coronavirus pandemic. FBS programs were prohibited from having recruits on campus during the dead period.

Rumor is herm has a meeting with the president at 3pm Local time

ASU has the most nubile, and by rumor willing, members of the cheer team and dance squad.
That in itself gives ASU an unfair advantage.
Let us not forget Daddy Pitino and his importing pay for fun ladies to entertain recruits and their handlers.

Let us not forget Daddy Pitino and his importing pay for fun ladies to entertain recruits and their handlers.
Kinda like when Mason got grilled by Maturi about those trips to Deja Vu to get the recruits a lil' stripper action. If I remember correctly, that cost the Gophers a chance to land OL Lydon Murtha...

Gotta be someone the Gophs can poach after they SMU the ASU program. Wishful thinking.

Kinda like when Mason got grilled by Maturi about those trips to Deja Vu to get the recruits a lil' stripper action. If I remember correctly, that cost the Gophers a chance to land OL Lydon Murtha...

Turned out to not be a big deal. We all gnashed teeth at the time, but Murtha was a dud.

It's ridiculous that there was still a covid dead period until this month and that's most of what they're in trouble for

It's ridiculous that there was still a covid dead period until this month and that's most of what they're in trouble for
Following the rules? Yeah that is ridiculous

Clem thought it was ridiculous for players to do their own school work and that’s most of what he got in trouble for

Give 'em the death penalty for stealing maroon and gold
I've actually seen ASU stuff for sale here in the cities. I figure someone loading the truck just got confused - but I feel bad for any moms or grandmas that weren't paying attention and bought *that* maroon & gold shirt for a Christmas present.

I've actually seen ASU stuff for sale here in the cities. I figure someone loading the truck just got confused - but I feel bad for any moms or grandmas that weren't paying attention and bought *that* maroon & gold shirt for a Christmas present.
As a geography major from the U...I still like the one about the trucker who went to Duluth , Georgia.

Maybe that's when our pipeline started!!

Top Bottom