Ariel McDonald on Mackey and Judd

I really like Pitino. He seems to have priorities in place. He didn't dump upperclassmen for younger players, he's building a program, and will get this team where it needs to be with patience.

What strikes me about next year is our starting PF who plays a lot bigger than he is will be the second shortest player in the starting five. It'll be nice to have a 6'7" SG, a 6'8" wing and a 6'10" Center who can actually protect the rim and catch the ball in the post. The latter skill in itself will open things up for the guards. I also like of Dorsey, Mcbreyer and Curry bringing energy off the bench. Hopefully one of Hurt or Gilbert can come in and hit some shots. Not sure how Buggs will fit in, he truly is an enigma. As far as Konate goes as Clem always use to say "He's good for five hard fouls a game"

What strikes me about next year is our starting PF who plays a lot bigger than he is will be the second shortest player in the starting five. It'll be nice to have a 6'7" SG, a 6'8" wing and a 6'10" Center who can actually protect the rim and catch the ball in the post. The latter skill in itself will open things up for the guards. I also like of Dorsey, Mcbreyer and Curry bringing energy off the bench. Hopefully one of Hurt or Gilbert can come in and hit some shots. Not sure how Buggs will fit in, he truly is an enigma. As far as Konate goes as Clem always use to say "He's good for five hard fouls a game"

If I were a betting man McBrayer will be in the starting lineup next year, as a combo guard who will play a lot of PG. Barring injury or transfer, safe bet he, Mason, and Murphy will be 3 of our starters, and I sure as heck hope Lynch is good enough (read: more skilled than Konate) to be our C from Day 1. If Amir is the stud everyone says he is, there's the 5th starter.

If I were a betting man McBrayer will be in the starting lineup next year, as a combo guard who will play a lot of PG. Barring injury or transfer, safe bet he, Mason, and Murphy will be 3 of our starters, and I sure as heck hope Lynch is good enough (read: more skilled than Konate) to be our C from Day 1. If Amir is the stud everyone says he is, there's the 5th starter.

I could see that. I like McBreyer, actually thought he had a nice game nine assist? vs Illini just didn't think he should be out there when we knew they would foul. The kid could score in high school so I think as he gains confidence he will improve in that area as well. I was thinking Fitz would be the starter at three, but certainly Coffey could play over there and McBreyer could play the two. McBreyer is what 6'4" he still has plenty of length on defense

Pretty much what I am thinking. I think Dorsey will also be in that rotation mix. Hoping Hurt is also.

Definitely looking forward to next year.

Top Bottom