...are we not recruiting any RB's this year?

Hooligan119th

Reaction score
Was just wondering if Kill and Co. were planning on bringing in any RB's this year? I haven't heard much chatter on us being after any, or should I say, in the running? I would think with the way Kill plans to run the ball, he might want to stock up on a couple since we seem kinda light there? Also, what is the final word on how many schollies we are able to fill with this class? My count has us at 16 commits right now not including this "mystery" commit and, quoted by Hayes, "they want to bring in 3 OL this year. So...if I can add *miracle about to happen*, that would total 19. And there is still Will Johnson and, I think there should be, 1 or 2 RB's in this class that are still out there. What don't I know?!?!?!

I'd be surprised if we don't sign 1 RB. I think we are looking at a few high profile guys and will offer either Larsen or Ford in case none of those are interested.

As far as total number of scholarships, that's a bit in flux. Their seemed to be some whispers (by Kill himself) that another few players COULD leave and that would open a few more scholarships. I'd guess we will 22ish spots....

I'd be surprised if we don't sign 1 RB. I think we are looking at a few high profile guys and will offer either Larsen or Ford in case none of those are interested.

As far as total number of scholarships, that's a bit in flux. Their seemed to be some whispers (by Kill himself) that another few players COULD leave and that would open a few more scholarships. I'd guess we will 22ish spots....

I think Loblaw is right about what the coaches would like to do, since they really do not like unbalanced classes. However, I think the question is are we likely to get a commitment from a running back who will add speed and/or power to the backfield. Given the players on the roster already, if we can't get a really good back, I don't see a reason to take an "okay" back this year.
I was pretty disappointed with what I saw of Edwards in the spring, but both Coach Anderson and Coach Limegrover have spoken recently about how talented he is, and they have forgotten more than I will ever know about playing RB, so taking a kid who does not add a dimension to this offense, makes no sense with the guys we have right now (given that we have two RBs added to the eligible roster that were not playing last year, and they both are supposed to have talent). Just my opinion.

You'd think that they are heavily recruiting a few marquee RBs for one spot and keeping their options open for later in case one of the over recruits at RBs ended up available at the last minute.

You'd think that they are heavily recruiting a few marquee RBs [/U][/U]for one spot and keeping their options open for later in case one of the over recruits at RBs ended up available at the last minute.

They are. According to Rivals, Coach Kill has offered 4*'s Wm Mahone, Greg Garmon, LTaveius Mathers and Wes Brown. But so have a long list of top ranked programs. Add in three or four 3*'s.

Top Bottom