Are We Headed Towards 4 Conferences?

Proprietary information and intellectual property. You don’t believe in it or the right to protect it?

Apparently the ACC office won’t allow member schools to see relevant information relating to the contract. Totally normal.

Apparently the ACC office won’t allow member schools to see relevant information relating to the contract. Totally normal.
The school presidents had access to it or were presented it at the time when the agreements were approved and signed.

I believe it’s more ESPN not wanting it public and ACC acting as a good faith partner on their behalf?

The schools didn’t enter into an agreement with ESPN, the ACC did. The schools just get a fat check and play the games.

The school presidents had access to it or were presented it at the time when the agreements were approved and signed.

I believe it’s more ESPN not wanting it public and ACC acting as a good faith partner on their behalf?

The schools didn’t enter into an agreement with ESPN, the ACC did. The schools just get a fat check and play the games.

I believe this would be described as a dysfunctional family dynamic. Or toxic.

Ultimately, yep the schools didn’t protect themselves. That doesn’t mean they won’t succeed in painting Swofford as not upholding fiduciary responsibilities per his employment agreement.

I believe this would be described as a dysfunctional family dynamic. Or toxic.

Ultimately, yep the schools didn’t protect themselves. That doesn’t mean they won’t succeed in painting Swofford as not upholding fiduciary responsibilities per his employment agreement.
Like I said, the high-paid lawyers had to come up with something. It’s a play. Seems like a weak one.

Swofford didn’t sign the agreement. None of the ACC school presidents at that time agreed to it and signed on simply because Swofford told them they should.

They each had their own AD’s, legal team, and experts review it.

That includes FSU’s and Clemson’s presidents. They both carefully reviewed it and agreed to it, in order for the ACC and thus themselves to get money that at the time put them back on par with the Big Ten and SEC.

Like I said, the high-paid lawyers had to come up with something. It’s a play. Seems like a weak one.

Swofford didn’t sign the agreement. None of the ACC school presidents at that time agreed to it and signed on simply because Swofford told them they should.

They each had their own AD’s, legal team, and experts review it.

That includes FSU’s and Clemson’s presidents. They both carefully reviewed it and agreed to it, in order for the ACC and thus themselves to get money that at the time put them back on par with the Big Ten and SEC.

I agree with you, but it would be a mistake to think a judge or panel can’t or won’t interpret facts in a different light. Happens all the time. Take antitrust cases. Zero reasonable, rational decisions. Shooting from the hip is the rule, not the exception.

I agree with you, but it would be a mistake to think a judge or panel can’t or won’t interpret facts in a different light. Happens all the time. Take antitrust cases. Zero reasonable, rational decisions. Shooting from the hip is the rule, not the exception.
Sure. Just as the judge/panel can interpret it as I do.

These kinds of risks are clearly risks to both sides, and that's why I think whatever adults are left remaining in the room will eventually win out and agree to a settlement.

FSU and Clemson will probably pay an amount less than the full price that justifies what they will pay to lawyers. If they got into the Big Ten or SEC, then the gain would far outweigh any cost, and that clearly is the hope and prayer.

I hope those prayers go unanswered. They shouldn't be able to bully their way in.

Maybe they will go to the Big XII. There's no possible way that's a gain. It's far, far, far a disappointment and is no better (and in some ways worse) than what they had in the ACC, thus rendering this entire effort pointless and for nothing (other than "we had to try!").

Or maybe they will be so pissed off at the whole system and "unfairness" (why should Vanderbilt and Northwestern get a golden ticket, with football powers like FSU and Clemson left out in the cold???) that they will go (return to) the independence route. Works for Notre Dame, but that's because they have their own NBC deal. I suppose they could try to work a deal with .... _____. Amazon? TNT? CW? I have no idea.

Top Bottom