Are we half full or half empty?

Rog

Reaction score
This is the time when football teams, fans, and the media decide or maybe accept what is going to happen in the fiuture. This is when the "men" and the "boys" are identified.

The homecoming game Saturday against Purdue will tell us.

Will the team basically say "the season is basically over" and play a "give up" game?

Will there be many empty seats as the fans say "the season is basically over"?

Will the media say "the season is over" and write and continue to tell us why Gopher football is impossible?

I FOR ONE LOOK AT IT AS A TRIP ON A ROCK ON THE WAY UP TO THE TOP AND WILL BE THERE SATURDAY JUST AS EXCITED AS LAST SATURDAY EXPECTING A WIN AS OUR CLIMB TO THE TOP CONTINUES!!!!

The was a toss-up game so a loss is no suprise. It hurts to lose AGAIN to our top rival. Wisky may not be in competition for a BT crown the last Saturday in November but they certainly aren't a BT bottom feeder.

This team has shown the nads to play hard and never give up and I hope they can dig deep and "show up" against PU. On the other hand, I don't expect the same from a few thousand Gopher fans. A win against PU will put us 2 out of 3 in this stretch of winnable games before going to PSU & OSU. The guys must realize that.

If Triplett is on the shelf due to his injuries that will hurt. We need him.

By "we," do you mean the team, the fan base, or us wackos on the Hole? The team is half full, the general fan base could go either way, and the Holers are half empty. Same as always.

In some ways, this loss does provide a great test for the team to find out what they're made of. There are no cake walks at this level, if they don't regroup and go after Purdue they will get beat. We shall see what this team is made of.

Hopefully Triplett will be ready to go next week so he can carry on with his great year. If not if may be a blessing in disguise as it get's cooper on the field and provides that much more experience for next year.

Top Bottom