Are we going to hear from Brewster?

JPIIGopher

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the protocol is when a coach gets fired but I was hoping he would at least give an interview with one of the local media outlets.

No. Never burn bridges, it may come back to burn you.

Sometimes an exiting coach or manager will give an interview, but it's pretty rare immediately after the firing.

I suspect silence is a condition of the buy-out. Just as well, Brew is a loose cannon.

Sometimes an exiting coach or manager will give an interview, but it's pretty rare immediately after the firing.

I thought he would at least go in front of the media and give a statement like Monson did and even Wacker. I don't know about Mason, don't remember what he did.

What could or would Brewster realistically say though? The best thing would be a gracious "Thank you to the University of Minnesota for this opportunity, and I'm sorry things didn't work out. All I want to convey is my regards and my affection for my players, and my hopes and wishes for them not only on the football field, but on the larger field of life itself, and may they all be winners there", but that's not exactly news-worthy.

I'm sure he's already made his thoughts known to his players, and don't ever underestimate how strong those bonds can be, between coach and player and coach and recruit. I'm sure that some and maybe many players are quite torn up over the course that events have taken, but that's a good preparatory course on life and how sometimes despite the best of intentions all around, things simply just don't work out, and that's a shame, but that's life.

What could or would Brewster realistically say though? The best thing would be a gracious "Thank you to the University of Minnesota for this opportunity, and I'm sorry things didn't work out. All I want to convey is my regards and my affection for my players, and my hopes and wishes for them not only on the football field, but on the larger field of life itself, and may they all be winners there", but that's not exactly news-worthy.
Distinct lack of tremendous in that example statement.

Distinct lack of tremendous in that example statement.

Ok, let me re-phrase then......"Thank you to the University of Minnesota for this TREMENDOUS opportunity...... :p

You'll just have to wait for 4 years when he's a weekly guest in the 4 o'clock hour on the Barriero show.

You'll just have to wait for 4 years when he's a weekly guest in the 4 o'clock hour on the Barriero show.

Funny. I just figured that BTN would hire him as an analyst.

Then again, his smile isn't quite as blindingly radiant as Mason's.

Per Sid this morning: Brew is too hurt right now to talk, but when he is ready, he told Sid that he would talk to him first.

I'm not sure what the protocol is when a coach gets fired but I was hoping he would at least give an interview with one of the local media outlets.

why would he? once he said he had the aspirations of leading us to the rose bowl and national championships all of the media outlets hated him. so why would he get in front of the media that never gave him a shot from day 1 to rip him with rose bowl comments etc? I sure as hell hope the next coach that comes in says something like:

"this is minnesota, its a place of let downs! the twins can't beat the yankees, the vikings sign any qb that is over the age 35 as well as choke in all of their nfc title games, the twolves are a mess, I don't know if the wild still play hockey....so please , please don't expect much more than a 6 win season and a who gives a crap bowl hosted by best buy...but if we win more than that yaaaa for minnesota!"

I think if this is said minnesota fans and media will love the new coach!

Top Bottom