Are we a lock??

burton34

Reaction score
27 point win over #5 team in country. I think we're in... #10 seed?

Gophers are in, but definitely not a #10 I think. I'll be surprised if Purdue gets more than a #5 and Minnesota gets more than a #11.

we're a lock. a BLOWOUT win does it for sure...i hope we get an 11 seed...we can beat a 6 and then a 3!!!!!! SWEET 16 here we come!!

GO GOPHERS!!!

I'd say we are a 10 right now. We will get an 8-9 if we win tomorrow.

RC, best wishes to Purdue, what seed do you think you'll get now?

In my drunken depression, my guess is 5. Seriously though, probably a 3-4.

Seriously though guys, congrats. The Gophers have been better than their record indicated all season long and I'm glad they're going to get a chance to represent the Big Ten in the tournament. Good luck tomorrow and next weekend.

if the selection committee actually knows what they are doing...YES

after beating MSU and purdue back to back it should not even be a question regardless of the outcome of tomorrow's BT championship game.

Gophers are in, but definitely not a #10 I think. I'll be surprised if Purdue gets more than a #5 and Minnesota gets more than a #11.

I hope so. That chair of the selection committee, UCLA's AD, didn't impress me as being too bright.

I hope so. That chair of the selection committee, UCLA's AD, didn't impress me as being too bright.
1 to 3 games out of 30 is clearly equal to 1%. He definitely wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Seriously though guys, congrats. The Gophers have been better than their record indicated all season long and I'm glad they're going to get a chance to represent the Big Ten in the tournament. Good luck tomorrow and next weekend.

Thanks a lot RC...I'm hoping purdue still gets a 3...but I think they will get a 4 or a 5...From what I have seen, you are a very classy fan and a positive contributor to Gopherhole. I love hearing inputs from opposing fans Good luck going forward!

Are you watching your brother shine Cory Joseph?

NO

We are only a "lock" if we win tomorrow.

We can't trust the committee, IMHO.

not a lock

We are only a "lock" if we win tomorrow.

We can't trust the committee, IMHO.

very true, we are never a lock. Clark Kellogg certainly didn't think so either, he said he thinks we need the win tomorrow. Personally, i think it's a travesty if we don't get in with 21 wins and 5 over top 25 teams, but you never know. Let's hope some other bubble teams get knocked off.

This is about what I'm thinking too. I would much rather be in as a #11 or #12 anyway from a matchup standpoint. As for Purdue, I hope they get a #4, but wouldn't be surprised if they end with a #5.

Bracketography just updated us to a #10 seed from a #12 seed this morning.

I think they're a shoe-in at this point. Funny, back when the fellas took down Bucky yet again, the only comeback the Skunk faithful had was "enjoy the NIT". He who laughs last...

Bracketography currently has us as a 10 seed playing Notre Dame in the 1st round and then #2 New Mexico in the 2nd round. I'll take some of that

haha I honestly do not want to play ND at this point...they are playing like a 5 seed (at least)

I agree they are playing well z-stein, but so are we. Bring them on

I think they're a shoe-in at this point. Funny, back when the fellas took down Bucky yet again, the only comeback the Skunk faithful had was "enjoy the NIT". He who laughs last...

This is exactly what I have been thinking ever since that game. What's up now, skunks??

I don't have ESPN insider, so I don't know how reliable this is...but I've read(from Purdue board) that Lunardi now has
1st 4 in: Wash., SDiego St., MissSt, Gophers
last 4 out: Florida, Miss., Dayton, Illinois

I'm still worried about leaving it in the hands of some "suits" that may try to show some love to a marginal small conference team with a better overall record. Just win the damn game tomorrow, Gophers...it would certainly be nice to own the Big 10 Tourney Championship title, too!

Top Bottom