Are there N95 Washable Masks the Gophers can wear for practice?

Otis

Reaction score
You ever seen those guys wearing masks at altitude or in polluted cities like LA when they are working out to make sure they are breathing clean air? Is there any way the football team could establish protocols to mitigate the chances of transimiting viruses when they practice?

Super hot washing machines, masks, gloves, antibody tests, the works! Somebody should get the University sports medicine and the infectious disease team involved to make sure our team is ready and safe for the upcoming season!

The athletic facility can be closed off as its own little world, can't it? that's what it was designed for right?

The University has the brains and the ability to do this, Right?

It seems like if masks were required for practice ... they just wouldn't / the conferences would not be ok with practice.

lets face it now, it will be reruns this fall.

Spoken like someone who’s never had to wear an N95 mask for an extended period haha. I work in medicine and i’ll tell you wearing them are not fun...I couldn’t imagine wearing one while working out. Pretty difficult to breathe in

Spoken like someone who’s never had to wear an N95 mask for an extended period haha. I work in medicine and i’ll tell you wearing them are not fun...I couldn’t imagine wearing one while working out. Pretty difficult to breathe in

My wife was making masks this past weekend and I was trying them on... pretty much instantly I was "I don't like this....".

I can't imagine an extended period of time, or even a short period.

It's not that you can't wash some N95 masks/filters, it's that they are no longer N95 after you wash them. So no, there really aren't washable N95 masks. As others have mentioned, if players have to wear masks someone should be questioning whether they should even be there.

N95 masks for jocks? They are called jock straps.

Wearing N95 masks for strenuous physical activities is impractical. They will not seal properly with vigorous activity that football is.

They are better off giving the players anti-body tests and other means to monitor them regularly.

Top Bottom