APP help

CentralGopher

Reaction score
Tried using my iphone to go to gopherhole and got a pop up telling me there was an app available to make it easier to read on the mobile but I had a lousy wifi signal and couldn't download it or even get to the app store. Now when I go on it the pop up doesn't come up. Anyone know what the app is named or what to look for so I can just look it up and download it?

I use forum runner. You can get the free version or pay the 2 bucks (or whatever it was). I think you need to pay to post otherwise the free one lets you read. There is another app people use called something like TapaTalk, I think. I can't give any advice on that one.

I use Tapatalk. Works pretty good for a free app.

Only downside I'd say for Forum Runner is all the posts with tweets don't format correctly and are unreadable. Other than that, it works great. Not sure if Tapatalk has the same issue with tweets.

Only downside I'd say for Forum Runner is all the posts with tweets don't format correctly and are unreadable. Other than that, it works great. Not sure if Tapatalk has the same issue with tweets.

I've used both. Tapatalk doesnt have the tweet issues. I've stayed with forum runner though cuz I like the layout a lot more.

I use tapatalk. I've never tried forum runner. Is it better or just personal preference?

I use tapatalk. I've never tried forum runner. Is it better or just personal preference?

I like forum runner because when I click the app it goes straight to the football forum, and I like the way its set up: easier to quote and reply, I just think its a better set up. Only negative is the tweet issues.
On tapatalk I have yet to be able to figure out how I can go straight to the football forum. It makes me navigate through other forums before I get to the football forum.

I would download both and see which one you like better.

I'm not sure if it is a setting or not, but I've noticed posts with Tapatalk have "sent via Tapatalk on my Iphone" or something similar. Obviously, if that is a setting, I wouldn't know when people have it off. I do know forum runner doesn't add anything to your post at all. I don't appreciate apps that advertise themselves, but I suppose it is understandable if it is free.

I'm not sure if it is a setting or not, but I've noticed posts with Tapatalk have "sent via Tapatalk on my Iphone" or something similar. Obviously, if that is a setting, I wouldn't know when people have it off. I do know forum runner doesn't add anything to your post at all. I don't appreciate apps that advertise themselves, but I suppose it is understandable if it is free.

It's a signature. You can turn it off. Some people leave it on to excuse themselves from typos, but that was more acceptable back when smartphones were new. Now most everyone can type fast and accurately on a touch screen so no one uses it anymore.

Is it a free app and can I bundle it with my Gopher tickets if not? :D

I use forem runner also. Great app imo

If you select the post with a tweet in it, it will show up correctly.

I use tapatalk. I really like it except you can't vote on survey questions with it.

I have Tapatalk also. Any other users notice that sometimes it skips a bunch of posts on the mobile version, sometimes I have to go to web view to see all posts in the thread, kind of annoying.

Yeah, sometimes in forum runner the post has a bunch of weird character formatting too. If you select the post, it's all clean.

I tried selecting a post, but it didn't do anything. Select is an option, and it highlights the window, but doesn't reformat or do anything else.

Just tap on the text of any post and it will bring it up in its own window. At least in the iOS version.

I tried selecting a post, but it didn't do anything. Select is an option, and it highlights the window, but doesn't reformat or do anything else.

Didn't work for me either, but I have an Android OS. :(:(:(

Top Bottom