Anything positive you can think of?

The locker room chemistry is better. Player and coach relationships are better. Our team hasn’t quit on each other in a game yet. That crap happened a lot in our previous coaching regime. Our positional defending is significantly better (rotations, rebounding, and some screen coverages are still gross). Those are two specifics where Ben has improved. So far however It hasn’t proven to show up in positive win loss results though at this time. Not all businesses make money the first couple years either. Doesn’t mean it’s a dog or something to quit on yet.
Locker room chemistry can’t be understated but it is also the one thing that is almost impossible to evaluate from the outside. The only thing I know about it is that winning teams always say they have it. And losing teams fans wonder if it’s bad. It also begs the question of whether winning creates good chemistry or good chemistry creates winning.

You’re seeing more on court positives than I am, but I do agree that they have not quit despite what appeared to be lackluster efforts earlier in the season.

Locker room chemistry can’t be understated but it is also the one thing that is almost impossible to evaluate from the outside. The only thing I know about it is that winning teams always say they have it. And losing teams fans wonder if it’s bad. It also begs the question of whether winning creates good chemistry or good chemistry creates winning.
I’m saying what I hear from people who are around it more than me so it’s not just me watching them if that helps my case in saying it’s better. I’m a believer in winning being a result of it not the other way around. That’s just me though.

You’re seeing more on court positives than I am, but I do agree that they have not quit despite what appeared to be lackluster efforts earlier in the season.
I said two positives and I was comparing them to the last couple years of Pitino. It’s better but not good enough. The positioning at least is a sign that something is being taught

The team is in the locker room for a very few minutes compared to everywhere else they are together.

Top Bottom