Anyone want to take a shot at the 2017 Depth Chart?

gotomn

Reaction score
QB-Green (I wish it was Rhoda to give him more seasoning)
RB-Smith
WR-Johnson
WR-Still
WR-Carter
TE-Lingen
LT-D Greene
LG-Weyler
C-Moore
RG-Calhoun
RT-Wright

DE-Delattiboudere
DE-Elmore
DT-Richardson
DT-Stetler
LB-Celestin
LB-Poock
LB-Coughlin
CB-Hardin
CB-Buford or Shenault
S-McGhee
S-Winfield

I am again concerned about the right side of the line. Saw very little from Calhoun this year, and Wright was not great either. It will be good to get Weyler back as he appeared to make some impact and played well wtih Greene. It was good to see Mayes in on Saturday, and felt he played acceptable. The D line is solid, but the O line again does not appear to be better. Any report on guys like Dovich or Connelly or Oseland to fill out some positions on the right side?

With Klein still handling the Sand C, I really don't see much improvement in the offensive line, regardless who plays. Maybe the players can get bigger, stronger, faster without his direction. 45 to 3 in the fourth quarter pretty much says it all.

RB-Smith
WR-Johnson
WR-Still
WR-Carter
TE-Lingen
LT-D Greene
LG-Weyler
C-Moore
RG-Calhoun
RT-Wright

DE-Delattiboudere
DE-Elmore
DT-Richardson
DT-Stetler
LB-Celestin
LB-Poock
LB-Coughlin
CB-Hardin
CB-Buford or Shenault
S-McGhee
S-Winfield

I am again concerned about the right side of the line. Saw very little from Calhoun this year, and Wright was not great either. It will be good to get Weyler back as he appeared to make some impact and played well wtih Greene. It was good to see Mayes in on Saturday, and felt he played acceptable. The D line is solid, but the O line again does not appear to be better. Any report on guys like Dovich or Connelly or Oseland to fill out some positions on the right side?

I agree right up and down your line.
God willing,
1.Seth Green will be what the pundits thought he'd be two years ago.
2. The offensive line will learn to be physical for 60 minutes.
3. WRs will average, as a unit, no more that one dropped catchable ball per game.

RB-Smith
WR-TBD
WR-TBD
WR-Johnson
BN-Transfer-Still
BN-Transfer-Carter
TE-Lingen

No one can watch tape of Still moving in super slow mo in the Wisconsin game and really expect him to get more chances in the future. He can't even fall to the ground fast, it's like gravity fights him both ways. Mitch has his issues, but targets like Still and Carter who can't help a guy out by catching a tough ball or making any adjustment or fighting for a ball need to move on. I'd add Wozniak to that list as well. Rodney Smith looked more like a real wide receiver in the Wisconsin game than anyone other than Woli has all year.

Rodney Smith

No one can watch tape of Still moving in super slow mo in the Wisconsin game and really expect him to get more chances in the future. He can't even fall to the ground fast, it's like gravity fights him both ways. Mitch has his issues, but targets like Still and Carter who can't help a guy out by catching a tough ball or making any adjustment or fighting for a ball need to move on. I'd add Wozniak to that list as well. Rodney Smith looked more like a real wide receiver in the Wisconsin game than anyone other than Woli has all year.

Rodney Smith: You see his receiving ability. I see his receiving ability. Unfortunately the offensive coordinator does not. Some games, no targets...other games once...why not use your strengths as a team? Not to mention most ability on the team to run after the catch.

I think Cashman gets plenty of run at linebacker. Like to see us use our three running backs more. This arbitrary philosophy you need to run 50% of the time and pass 50% is just stupid. Do what works. Do what the score indicates is the intelligent thing to do. Utilize strengths.

Was really impressed by some of the catches Smith made, is clear he definitely has some receiving ability. Will be interesting to see if they figure out a way to get both him and Brooks on the field at the same time but not getting my hopes up. On a team dying for any sort of spark from the WR position would seem like maybe Smith in the slot could do just that.

QB Demry, Seth
RB Rodney, Brooks, Mcrary
Hback Beebe, Connor Mohs
TE Lingen, Wozniak
WR Still, Register
WR Carter, Johnson
LT Greene, Connelly
LG Weyler, Steiber
OC Moore, Mayes
RG Calhoun Dovich
RT Wright, Oseland

DE Dellatiboudere, Devers
DT Richardson, Merrick Jackson
DT Stelter, Gary Moore
DE Elmore, Gibson/ Tamarion Johnson
OLB Huff, Coughlin
MLB Poock, Barber/Waters
OLB Celestin, Martin/Cashman
CB Hardin, Kiondre Thomas
SS Mghee, Landrews
FS Winfield, Huff
CB Shenault, Craighton/Durr

I think with 6 guys returning with experience, the O-line could be our best unit next year. I think Rodney and Brooks will have a lot of nice holes open up making Demry and Seth's life a little easier. I think we have the potential to be much better at QB but also much worse, WR's look really meh, would love to still have Brian Smith there. Poock and Lingen's injuries worry me. We have a ton of talent at LB, the secondary should be fine and D-line depth worries me a bit.

Still is good for a couple deep targets and red zone snaps per game, but I tend to agree he isn't super impressive with anything else. I haven't been impressed with Carter either. Hopefully one of Register, Hiemelewski, or Howard can win a starting spot next year along with Johnson. Getting Lingen back should help a lot too.

Still is good for a couple deep targets and red zone snaps per game, but I tend to agree he isn't super impressive with anything else. I haven't been impressed with Carter either. Hopefully one of Register, Hiemelewski, or Howard can win a starting spot next year along with Johnson. Getting Lingen back should help a lot too.

WR is still the most disappointing position on the team. Did Johnson see the field against Wisconsin? Can any of our guys go make a play on the ball? I'd really like to see a change in coach and/recruiting of WR.

OL will have a lot of competition and I wouldn't be surprised to see a RS Sophomore knocking 1-2 of the starters out of starter next year.

Poock is a wild card. At some point injuries might catch up to him and make it hard for him to get back on the field with all the experience returning.

QB-Green (I wish it was Rhoda to give him more seasoning) Croft
RB-Smith/Brooks
WR-Johnson/ Holland
WR-Still/ Howerd
WR-Carter/ Drew H. If healthy Drew over takes him at some point
TE-Lingen
LT-D Greene/ Dovich
LG-Weyler/ Connelly
C-Moore
RG-Calhoun/Schuester/Ouesland
RT-Wright/Olson

DE-Delattiboudere/Devers
DE-Elmore/Gibson
DT-Richardson/Stelter
DT-Stetler I think Jackson starts here with Moore at back up
LB-Celestin/Martin
LB-Poock/Barber
LB-Coughlin/Huff/ Cashman in certain situations
CB-Hardin/Durr and Thomas
CB-Buford or Shenault
S-McGhee/Huff
S-Winfield/Aiyende

Agree with most of this. I'm not as concerned about our oline. I thought JUCOS did fine, Calhoun needs to stay healthy. Some of the depth guys are older now so hopefully another year of development helps. I am concerned about the interior Dline, can jackson or Moore step up. They seem to like Stelter and Richardson rotating it has been that way for four years

Like everyone else guys will need to develop. This isn't the NFL where guys are close to maxed out physically and the struggle is just to stay healthy.

Calhoun has been hurt, give him a few months off from workouts and he'll be good to go. Connelly, Dovich, et al are the future. Will they be great? Who knows?

What worries me is our lack of interior dline depth after next year. I know it is probably too soon to worry about it, but after next year Richardson, stetler, and Jackson are gone and I can't honestly think of another interior dline man besides Moore.

The only difference I see from a lot of these is that I think there will be a JUCO or Grad Transfer starting at QB.

What worries me is our lack of interior dline depth after next year. I know it is probably too soon to worry about it, but after next year Richardson, stetler, and Jackson are gone and I can't honestly think of another interior dline man besides Moore.

Too early to worry about 2018.

Top Bottom