Anyone traveling to Michigan State?

WriterGoph

Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread on this game when I searched. Apologies if I missed one.

Anyone going to the game in East Lansing? Public tickets through MSU just went on sale today! Just snagged 2 in L8 (about 40 yard line) for only $100 each. Middle sections are getting thin though.

A friend of mine lives in Michigan, so headed out to visit his family and he is coming to the game with me (Florida fan). Hoping to see some fellow Gophers out there!

If anyone has any pre-game or restaurant tips for EL, please share.

Couldn't find a thread on this game when I searched. Apologies if I missed one.

Anyone going to the game in East Lansing? Public tickets through MSU just went on sale today! Just snagged 2 in L8 (about 40 yard line) for only $100 each. Middle sections are getting thin though.

A friend of mine lives in Michigan, so headed out to visit his family and he is coming to the game with me (Florida fan). Hoping to see some fellow Gophers out there!

If anyone has any pre-game or restaurant tips for EL, please share.
Is game time established? I’m going if it’s at night so we can go to the Michigan game earlier in the day.

Is game time established? I’m going if it’s at night so we can go to the Michigan game earlier in the day.

No, don't think that will be out til probably 2nd week of September

Thinking about it, but not planning too much in advance. Is MSU typically a tough ticket? Never been to East Lansing.

Thinking about it, but not planning too much in advance. Is MSU typically a tough ticket? Never been to East Lansing.

The tickets through the university didn't have a lot of options on the sides and I didn't look at the upper deck or the ends really. But I'm sure there are secondary market will have options too. I would imagine MSU draws pretty well though.

The tickets through the university didn't have a lot of options on the sides and I didn't look at the upper deck or the ends really. But I'm sure there are secondary market will have options too. I would imagine MSU draws pretty well though.
The only game they sold out last year was vs Michigan. Their stadium holds 75,000 though.

Yep! This is the game iam4Goldy and I are going to, 18 years in a row the two of us are going to a Gopher road game together. We haven’t made it to East Lansing yet so we are excited and very happy it got moved to September instead of November.

Go Gophers!!

Yep! This is the game iam4Goldy and I are going to, 18 years in a row the two of us are going to a Gopher road game together. We haven’t made it to East Lansing yet so we are excited and very happy it got moved to September instead of November.

Go Gophers!!

Nice! Did you get tickets lined up yet? Check out the MSU site if you don't wanna be stuck in the visitors corner.

Nice! Did you get tickets lined up yet? Check out the MSU site if you don't wanna be stuck in the visitors corner.

We haven't yet, but appreciate the heads up on it. We may have to wait a few weeks as our group could grow to 4.

Go Gophers!!

Haven’t been there since the John L smith days but was a great trip. Have fun

The only game they sold out last year was vs Michigan. Their stadium holds 75,000 though.
Cool thx. I'm normally a StubHub kinda guy for NW, Illinois, et al. I'm sure MSU is way more pricy but it's good to hear they're not selling out every week.

I think in good years they average closer to 72k fans.

They play W Michigan, Akron, and @Washington before us. So if we're both 3-0 and ranked at that time, I could easily see it selling out. But, maybe not.

Michigan State has a really nice campus, just make sure you dont take a wrong turn and stumble into Lansing. The MSU stadium is average at best the last time I was there.

Not saying the gameday experience won't be great but HostonTXGopher is right.

"With a crime rate of 47 per one thousand residents, Lansing has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 21."

Not saying the gameday experience won't be great but HostonTXGopher is right.

"With a crime rate of 47 per one thousand residents, Lansing has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 21."
And that is why I bought land in small town Iowa. The biggest news here in the last several months is someone driving into a coffee shop.

Plenty of road work in Lansing area and it is he'll to navigate. Can't imagine work being completed by game week. My suggestion for visitors would be to cruise (drive) west Michigan coastal communities. Lots of fruits, orchards, wine, microbreweries and weather should be great. Grand rapids has like 80 breweries (founders is the biggest) but KZO also has lots of great brewers. Plenty of great golf here also. I'm not a shill c for chamber of commerce but west Michigan is solid. Anyway. There's nothing special about Spartan Stadium. I would pass on the crowd, hit the golf courses and watch the game from some bar overlooking the big lake.

Plenty of road work in Lansing area and it is he'll to navigate. Can't imagine work being completed by game week. My suggestion for visitors would be to cruise (drive) west Michigan coastal communities. Lots of fruits, orchards, wine, microbreweries and weather should be great. Grand rapids has like 80 breweries (founders is the biggest) but KZO also has lots of great brewers. Plenty of great golf here also. I'm not a shill c for chamber of commerce but west Michigan is solid. Anyway. There's nothing special about Spartan Stadium. I would pass on the crowd, hit the golf courses and watch the game from some bar overlooking the big lake.

I guess if you didn't like watching the Gophers in person?

Might as well watch from Duluth then.

Was with you until the last bit. If you're going all the way out to Mich, then gotta go to the game!

But everything you said about W Michigan 💯

I received an email from Creative Charters. They are planning a 1-day fly-in/out to Lansing for the game. These are sweet trips. Fly in, bus to the game, watch the game, bus back to the airport, and fly home. I've done this for Illinois and Purdue games. They need 100 more people to fill the plane. My daughter and I have already signed up. Go Gophers!!!

Anyone know how/when we’ll get tickets from the U?

Anyone know how/when we’ll get tickets from the U?
In my experience buying away game tickets through the U, they are usually distributed about a couple weeks prior to the game.

We are waiting on SIXTEEN tickets to the Gopher/Penn State game this year. I expect them around October 7-10.

In my experience buying away game tickets through the U, they are usually distributed about a couple weeks prior to the game.

We are waiting on SIXTEEN tickets to the Gopher/Penn State game this year. I expect them around October 7-10.
Are they always printed or are we finally getting digital tickets for away games?

Top Bottom