Anyone planning to watch Sconnie vs Ok State?

I'm not going to take anything away from the Badgers. I only watched the first half and it was apparent they were ready to play and were crisp in their execution. Wolf looked good.

That said, I can't see how Oklahoma State won seven games this season given their lackluster performance last night. I did a little research and saw that Spencer Sanders--their starting QB for most of the season--is in the portal and didn't play, which explains some things, but they didn't look sharp at all.

I'm not going to take anything away from the Badgers. I only watched the first half and it was apparent they were ready to play and were crisp in their execution. Wolf looked good.

That said, I can't see how Oklahoma State won seven games this season given their lackluster performance last night. I did a little research and saw that Spencer Sanders--their starting QB for most of the season--is in the portal and didn't play, which explains some things, but they didn't look sharp at all.
They play in a weak conference.

Okie State's resume reminds me of many Glen Mason teams. They started 5-0 and got to 6-1 with some decent wins. Lost a heart-breaker to playoff bound TCU in double-overtime. They even made it to the top 10. But then something happened in late October. They were exposed by K-State to the tune of 48-0 and dropped 4 of their last 5 games, not really being close in the process.

Okie State's resume reminds me of many Glen Mason teams. They started 5-0 and got to 6-1 with some decent wins. Lost a heart-breaker to playoff bound TCU in double-overtime. They even made it to the top 10. But then something happened in late October. They were exposed by K-State to the tune of 48-0 and dropped 4 of their last 5 games, not really being close in the process.
Not having their starting QB likely contributed to last night's mess, but I just wasn't impressed with them at all.

I'm all for having a bad bowl game in a baseball stadium to add some uniqueness to it, but they have to do something about the playing surface at this game. What is the reason? Are they bringing in different grass for the Pinstripe Bowl? Fenway is hosting a hockey game. Target Field has freaking concerts during Twins road trips in the summer. They have 3 months to grow the grass back in Phoenix.

Trash field. Something has to be done about it.

Ok St. wouldn't win a lot of games in the BIG.

Well, they were much like our bowl opponent: great start, bad finish. They also lost 12 players to the portal including their starting QB. The freshman QB who played last night, Rangel, was pretty green.

I'm all for having a bad bowl game in a baseball stadium to add some uniqueness to it, but they have to do something about the playing surface at this game. What is the reason? Are they bringing in different grass for the Pinstripe Bowl? Fenway is hosting a hockey game. Target Field has freaking concerts during Twins road trips in the summer. They have 3 months to grow the grass back in Phoenix.

Trash field. Something has to be done about it.
They lay down boards and temporary turf.

Well, they were much like our bowl opponent: great start, bad finish. They also lost 12 players to the portal including their starting QB. The freshman QB who played last night, Rangel, was pretty green.
Didn't know about the 12 players/portal aspect. But that makes the JV vibe I got make sense.

They lay down boards and temporary turf.
I know they do; I'm wondering why they do it. It appears to be a more dangerous playing surface & they have plenty of time to get it back to MLB standards. I was bringing up other MLB venues that host things on their field & they seem to be able to get it back to top notch. Fenway hosted a Zac Brown Band concert last July; they seemed to manage having a game a week later.

Didn't someone post that the Quick Lane has a better payout than the G-Rate? I don't understand why they don't play this in the Cards stadium, or even at Sun Devil Stadium. I thought this was a garbage bowl last year when we were there, and the same holds true this year.

I would literally rather go see a game at a nice NFL stadium in Detroit than this shitshow bowl.
Yes, Quick Lane has higher payout the Guaranteed Rate Bowl. Guaranteed Rate Bowl is lowest payout of any B1G bowl.

How do they allow this game to be played on this field? This turf isn't even safe. Guys are just randomly falling down on this garbage.
The field was worse last year, when we played UWV.

Didn't know about the 12 players/portal aspect. But that makes the JV vibe I got make sense.
Both teams were missing a number of key players but I think Ok State was hit significantly harder than Wisconsin was in terms of players lost.

The color commentary woman seemed ready to crown Fickell and Wisconsin national champions. Not sure if that was a requirement to pump them up or not, but holy crap, that was some serious boot licking going on.

I thought it was weird Fickell was coaching. I would have let the guy who salvaged their season finish it out.

The color commentary woman seemed ready to crown Fickell and Wisconsin national champions. Not sure if that was a requirement to pump them up or not, but holy crap, that was some serious boot licking going on.

I thought it was weird Fickell was coaching. I would have let the guy who salvaged their season finish it out.
They also handed the 2023 Heisman Trophy to Braelon Allen. Color commentary guy mentioned that at least twice.

I've never really seen Fickell before. He kind of resembles Mortimer MouseScreenshot_20221228-114812.png

I also watched. I seems like I heard the announcers say Okla. State lost their top 4 skill players before the game started. 2 top receivers, top running back, starting QB all to injuries or the portal. Then their #2 QB(Gundy’s son) to an injury in bowl prep. So they started their #3 QB. Still doesn’t explain lack of defense.

I also watched. I seems like I heard the announcers say Okla. State lost their top 4 skill players before the game started. 2 top receivers, top running back, starting QB all to injuries or the portal. Then their #2 QB(Gundy’s son) to an injury in bowl prep. So they started their #3 QB. Still doesn’t explain lack of defense.

I flipped on the game just long enough to see a wide open OKS receiver drop a catchable ball on a less-than-great throw by the QB on what looked like an easy crossing pattern. I didn't watch for long.

Missing players, sloppy play, slippery field, late-start...Glad I watched Guardians of the Galaxy for the seventeenth time and drifted off to sleep instead.

I flipped on the game just long enough to see a wide open OKS receiver drop a catchable ball on a less-than-great throw by the QB on what looked like an easy crossing pattern. I didn't watch for long.
This. I was channel surfing and every time I switched to the football game, I saw a terrible pass by the OK State QB, or the OK State defense get totally fooled by a misdirection play that left receivers wide open. It wasn't a watchable game.

In regards to Fickell at the start of the game they indicated that he was on the sideline but not actively involved in the coaching of the team, more of an "observer" for this one. Can understand him wanting to be around the team and as involved as possible to get a feel for what he has coming back next year.

Fickell is in a much better place than Ruhle because of the bowl game.
Fickell was able to spend a lot of time with the players and at least from the reports has smoothed over the hurt feeling that happened when he was chosen as HC when sentiment and published reports indicated Leonhard would get the job.
The new DC that Fickell brought from Cincy with him has very big shoes to fill.
Fickell invited Leonhard up on the podium with him when WI received the trophy.
Fickell and his staff are very much more active and aggressive in recruiting than Chryst was.

The field was worse last year, when we played UWV.
That was because they left the roof open and then it rained before the game.
There is no reason for this game to be held in that stadium with that set up. Put it at Sun Devil, which hosted bowl games for years.

Top Bottom