Anyone know a good site

Rosemountian

Reaction score
For seeing players' +/-'s for seasons and individual games?
I would be interested to see the numbers for this team.
I would be interested to see what Iverson's (-) was today.

For seeing players' +/-'s for seasons and individual games?
I would be interested to see the numbers for this team.
I would be interested to see what Iverson's (-) was today.

I would love to see that. Not sure about how it would look for the Gophers because of Tubby's penchant for putting the second team on the floor enmasse instead of spotting guys in with the starters. Colt just had an extremely tough year- had a good gaem a week or so ago but man- he's had a tough time.

There isn't one where it is easy to compare. Statesheet tries. You can google why the +/- stats don't really tell you anything.

http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/a_treatise_on_plus_minus/

I decided to do a test to determine the value of plus-minus-related stats. I created a player who has absolutely no impact on the game. For both his team and his opponent, there’s a 3% chance of scoring one point on a possession, a 30% chance of scoring two, and a 15% chance of scoring three. These probabilities are unchanged whether the player is in the game or on the bench.

My first experiment resulted in the following output…

On Off MOV
1. 5 3 8
2. 6 -3 3
3. -1 7 6
4. -4 10 6
5. 11 -11 0
6. -1 4 3
7. 13 7 20
8. -8 7 -1
9. -11 7 -4
10. -9 23 14
11. -14 1 -13
12. 6 -4 2
13. -12 -7 -19
14. -13 -6 -19
15. 4 -7 -3
16. -13 -12 -25
17. 9 6 15
18. -6 -2 -8
19. -1 9 8
20. -3 -17 -20
-----------------
Tot -42 15 -27

If plus-minus were truly just, there would be nothing but zeroes on the list. Sure, there’s going to be some noise in any statistic, but this illustrates to me that the amount of noise in plus-minus is unacceptable. Heck, the amount of noise in final score is pretty amazing. My team is playing a schedule against teams it’s evenly-matched with. Yet in game 16 we were outscored by 25 points! You can imagine the game-stories written about that one. How my team was out-coached, or how the opponent is just a bad matchup for my team, or how my team quit, showed no heart, etc.

There isn't one where it is easy to compare. Statesheet tries. You can google why the +/- stats don't really tell you anything.

Tubby's rotation is a reason why they wouldn't mean much for the gophers. Iverson is logging minutes with Dawson today.

I would just be interested to see.

Top Bottom